Thanks Drumcullen

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Re: Thanks Drumcullen

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

faithful22 wrote:rory didnt break his hand against drumcullen...that was more than 3 weeks ago and he hurlin away with offaly since...didnt look broke against limerick.and since when does an xray not tell you if a bone is broken. the stuff ye put up here is funny boy!!
Now usually I show restraint but the above is, without doubt, the stupidest thing I have ever read on this site.

backofthenet
All Star

Post by backofthenet »

Lads this is ridiculous, who the hell cares who broke his hand, it happens, its hurling, if you are afraid of getting hurt sit on the sideline. We need to get tougher, if its a bad pull then its bad and the player gets a yellow or a red and thats where it ends. This conversation is not going to do anyone including rorys hand any good. If you feel that sorry for him go get some ice or a bag of peas from your local centra and pay him a visit. Id be more concerned as to why offaly have constantly had 5-6 players out since the start of the year, it cant be just bad luck, something is being done incorrectly.

Also I thought it may have been a good thing missing those players, the 5-6 that took their place got their first day out in croke park and hurled pretty well. This is encouraging and should hopefully provide offaly with more options this summer if the injuries persist or alternatively from the bench. One of the big problems with offaly in the past has been a small squad to pick from, sunday proved there are players available who are up to intercounty level, its just a matter of instilling belief and getting some healthy competition going for places that will drive everyone on.

faithfulman
Intermediate

Post by faithfulman »

backofthenet wrote:Lads this is ridiculous, who the hell cares who broke his hand, it happens, its hurling, if you are afraid of getting hurt sit on the sideline. We need to get tougher, if its a bad pull then its bad and the player gets a yellow or a red and thats where it ends. This conversation is not going to do anyone including rorys hand any good
I agree. this argument isn't getting us anywhere. we all know that drumcullen have a reputation for themselves and this reputation is deserved from the few times i've seen them hurling lately.but theres always a risk of a lad getting a belt on the hand be it accidental or deliberate and theres only one person who knows whether this particular belt was meant or not.
backofthenet wrote:Id be more concerned as to why offaly have constantly had 5-6 players out since the start of the year, it cant be just bad luck, something is being done incorrectly
sorry, i can't see where you're coming from here.whats being done incorrectly? paul cleary and joe brady are out with long term injuries carried over from last year, rigney and rory have broken bones, brian carroll went over on his ankle, and to be honest i dont know whats wrong with franks. as far as i can tell this is just bad luck.like what could have been done to prevent brian carroll going over on his ankle?
He is so bad in goal he needs the net in front of him.

beirut
All Star

Post by beirut »

Thanks Drumcullen for

- Providing 3 hurling teams so EVERYONE no matter what the standard gets a chance to play. Can Tullamore say they give everyone a chance, No, just the best lads then forget about anyone else who is not up to the standard.
- Providing a football team so to cater for the few who would like to play the big ball game.
- Organising so that the few players we have have from age groups from U8 to U21 (only four young boys for Communion this year paints its own picture of the numbers coming through) can play with other clubs when we do not have the numbers to enter a team of our own. Do Tullamore have 'A', 'B' and 'C' teams at underage to provide everyone a chance to play, I seriously doubt it!
- Providing the County with some greats with the likes of Pat Fleury and Paddy Molloy. Paddy would have been on that team in the 60's POTH was bad mouthing in another thread, one of Offalys greatest hurlers!

Thanks Drumcullen. :-)