Walsh Cup

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
joe bloggs
All Star

Re: Walsh Cup

Post by joe bloggs »

From what I can make of it maybe 7 of yesterdays team have yet to play championship for offaly, and even though Kilkenny were much weakened it is encouraging. It is only right that fringe or new players be given a chance to impress, especially as some of the so called established players were able to play with their colleges. The more players that can get some action in pre season the better, and when the league starts there should be more players match fit, giving more options to management.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

This weekend's Walsh Cup fixtures . . .

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Walsh Cup Semi Finals

Saturday, 6th February 2010
Tullamore (2.00pm) - Offaly v Galway
Sunday, 7th February 2010
Wexford Venue (2.00pm) - Wexford v Dublin
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Perfect, at least now we can catch our 2 senior teams at the weekend. No excuse for supporters not to attend.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Except the Rugby :lol:
black and red exile wrote:No excuse for supporters not to attend.

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

hope theirs more there on saturday than their was at rath for the first game :oops:

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

Good sthuff.
Finally some consideration when it comes to potential fixture clashes.
Even though its not exactly the business-end of the season,at least we have the chance to get behind our teams and hopefully rile them up.

TheRedLad
Junior B

Post by TheRedLad »

Taken from An Fear Rua:

All Ireland Vocational Iomáint Inter County “A”
Semi Finals : 6.2.10(Sat)
Banagher 2.00
Uibh Fhailí v Cill Chainnigh

Ref: Anthony Stapleton, Laois
(E.T. if Necessary)

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

What do you mean no excuses? Sure dont most of the Faithful supporters get their hair straightened on Saturdays and do the shopping, bring the kids bowling!!!!???
Look , great that there are 2 seperate days, but only the few hardcore will be there regardless. Might be a few more after the hurling last Sunday, but will be the same few at the football, afaid thats just the way it is. We have all spoken bout how the leagues profiles could be raised through the schools but no action.
Guarantee there will be a bigger Fermanagh support in Tullamore than home crowd!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Foireann na Gaillimhe

Galway have announced their team for Tullamore on Saturday.

James Skehill; Damien Joyce, Shane Kavanagh, P Holland; Donal Barry, Tony Regan,Kevin Hynes; Ger Farragher, Niall Calahan; Aengus Callanan, Cyril Donnellan, D Burke; Aidan Harte, Joe Gantley, Niall Hayes.

That’s 4 changes from the last day, Skehill for Callanan in goal, Holland for Fergal Moore, Cyril Donnellan for Andy Coen (suspended?) with Kevin Hynes moving to defence, D Burke for Richie Murray.
Interesting to see Niall Hayes lining out for his county despite Portumna’s forthcoming club campaign. Note to Birr – it doesn’t hurt to hurl for the county even if there’s a club match coming up.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

The only reason Nall Hayes is playing for Galway is that he is suspended for the AI semi final having been sent off in the county final, thus he needs the match practice
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

lovelyhurling
County player
Club: de field

Post by lovelyhurling »

leinsterman, ive a question for you, why do you post on the kilkennycats website and indicate that your a kilkenny supporter?
pull hard on your man, he's no relation

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

lovelyhurling wrote:leinsterman, ive a question for you, why do you post on the kilkennycats website and indicate that your a kilkenny supporter?
I am in kilkenny for the last 20 years, born in tullamore 20 year,s out of birr now
if you look at my post on the kk website i always post about offaly player's and games my son plays for a club here in kk underage and when offaly are out of the champonship i watch kk game's with my son and wife who are kk born and bread.
i am a birrman first offaly man second, i go all over the country to watch offaly
and birr as i was in tullamore today against galway. iam on kkcats website as i love the game of hurling and watch my son's club in kilkenny and know a few lads on the website as well from kk. my son is kk and tommy walsh mad nothing wrong with that is there. if you look back at my post's on kk website alot know i am from offaly on it . :wink:

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Its a good site. I don't post there too much, but do look in occasionally. Comments seem to be objective and informed overall.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

lovelyhurling
County player
Club: de field

Post by lovelyhurling »

leinsterman wrote:
lovelyhurling wrote:leinsterman, ive a question for you, why do you post on the kilkennycats website and indicate that your a kilkenny supporter?
I am in kilkenny for the last 20 years, born in tullamore 20 year,s out of birr now
if you look at my post on the kk website i always post about offaly player's and games my son plays for a club here in kk underage and when offaly are out of the champonship i watch kk game's with my son and wife who are kk born and bread.
i am a birrman first offaly man second, i go all over the country to watch offaly
and birr as i was in tullamore today against galway. iam on kkcats website as i love the game of hurling and watch my son's club in kilkenny and know a few lads on the website as well from kk. my son is kk and tommy walsh mad nothing wrong with that is there. if you look back at my post's on kk website alot know i am from offaly on it . :wink:
Fair enough, its a good website alright.
pull hard on your man, he's no relation