Intermediate Football Semi Finals

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
fatlad
Intermediate

Intermediate Football Semi Finals

Post by fatlad »

Talking to a couple of Bracknagh friends and they are very confident of causing an upset tomorrow. Can't see it myself after the trashing earlier in the year but every game is different!!

The_heen
Junior B

Re: Intermediate Football Semi Finals

Post by The_heen »

It will be closer than the group game but croghan will still win by 5 or 6.

As for the other semi the might raheen will win by 3 or 4

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

fatlad wrote:Talking to a couple of Bracknagh friends and they are very confident of causing an upset tomorrow. Can't see it myself after the trashing earlier in the year but every game is different!!
We were only 1 point down to St Brigids at half time in the group but fell apart in the 2nd half. Peter Cunningham was out injured for that game. He's back and will take stopping but overall we are a small light team. Without Weir this year we are winning very little clean ball around the middle and that will tell today I'm afraid. Whatever happens its a great experience for our young lads to play a county semi in OCP and I can't wait for it later! If we win don't expect me to post on here for about 2 weeks!! Prediction Croghan by 6.

In the other semi I expect a tight possibly low scoring affair. I've seen Ballyfore twice this year and I'm very impressed with their set up. Their new arrivals have settled really well and they are getting men back in defense when not in possession. Raheen have struggled in the group stages this year and just beat Birr by 3 and were hammered by Cappincur so I don't see them progressing here.
Prediction Ballyfore by 4.

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Brigids 1/8 ..... Bracknagh 5/1
Raheen 6/4 ..... Ballyfore 8/13

With PP..... Should be two good semi finals!
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

ballyfore v croghan final

fatlad
Intermediate

Post by fatlad »

Bracknagh Boy are you Frank Weir?? What about Declan Geoghegan , who I never seen having a bad game for Bracknagh , even in latter years when they were struggling???