Darragh O'Se compliments Niall Mc

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
True Red
All Star

Darragh O'Se compliments Niall Mc

Post by True Red »

It’s a pity the wider public won’t get a chance to see Offaly’s Niall McNamee, a forward of tremendous ability. A two-footed player with great balance, vision and a top quality finisher he’s the closest thing we’ve seen to Matt Connor. If there was a transfer system in football his agent would be a busy man this week.
In today's Irish Times former Kerry great Darragh O'Se pays a great tribute in his column to Niall McNamee. To compare him to Matt Connor is a huge honour for the (still young) Rhode clubman.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Re: Darragh O'Se compliments Niall Mc

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Niall - a great all round player, excellent ball winner, great vision, accuracy. He deserves all the credit he gets!
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Is this sort of sentiment not patronising towards Offaly?
The implication being that its a shame Niall Mc has to operate in a footballing backwater like Offaly.

If the wider public was paying attention, they'd see him playing on live tv plenty of times.

Slugger
Junior C

Post by Slugger »

Says it all that Down sacrificed one of their best midfield/forwards (Dan Gordon) last week to nullify him. I thought he made a mug out of Gordon in the first half.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Slugger wrote:Says it all that Down sacrificed one of their best midfield/forwards (Dan Gordon) last week to nullify him. I thought he made a mug out of Gordon in the first half.
In fairness Dan Gordon had been moved to the full back line the previous week against Longford, it wasn't just a move to accommodate Niall. The point stands though. Actually that bit got ignored - I thought Dan Gordon adapted quite well to an unfamiliar role against a top class opponent.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.