Offaly starting team to face Kilkenny

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
timber
All Star

Re: Offaly starting team to face Kilkenny

Post by timber »

I'd say tipp are fairly sick to have lost out again to the cats after the effort they put into that game. They gave everything but Kilkenny are just better hurlers even without all their injured players.

clearhead
Junior C
Club: Kilmihil

Post by clearhead »

Fifi, either you're a complete clown or really hate football (or both) - you should know that Offaly played Tipperary in the championship last year and were beaten by them. :roll:

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

Despite fifitrixiebelle's confidence I fear there are only two outcomes for this match:

1. Offaly hurl reasonably well against a lethargic KK team who eventual pull away in the second half and win comfortably by 9 or 10 points. Offaly leave with a little restored pride and a few what ifs and so on.

2. KK blow us out of the water from the get go and hammer us out the gate. If they start like they did against Tipp last weekend we will be looking for places to hide before the end.

In reality if you look at the position of the two teams there can only be one outcome. Offaly are languishing in the second tier of the league facing a three in the row chasing all conquering league champions. The only chink of light for the opposition teams are the rather poor quality minor teams produced over the last number of years by the Cats. However this seems to be a small blimp as the underage structure in KK is unreal and over the next few years I would imagine the volume and quality of players coming through will be substantial. The emergence of CBS alongside Kierans at schools level just highlights the depth of talent coming through.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Fair play Fargo, have you tried for a job in the local papers? Your insights are wonderful, as good as you'd get in the Tull Trib anyway!

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

No Henry
only the best...

ballinamereman1
County player

Post by ballinamereman1 »

Any sign of Michael Verney getting a starting role??? wicked man with the wavin plastic stick in his hand.... might even show Dan Currams and Dooley a few things in the pulling stacks if ya catch me drift!!! :twisted:

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

manfromdelmonte wrote:No Henry
and no ml fennelly

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

ballinamereman1 wrote:Any sign of Michael Verney getting a starting role??? wicked man with the wavin plastic stick in his hand.... might even show Dan Currams and Dooley a few things in the pulling stacks if ya catch me drift!!! :twisted:

we know what a player from Ballinamere was good at when he was last in with offaly a few years ago
catch me drift !!!!!!!!!! :roll: