If you are withdrawing from the football manager job race

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

If you are withdrawing from the football manager job race

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Post your announcement on this topic.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Re: If you are withdrawing from the football manager job rac

Right. I'm out!

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Withdrawals so far:

Tom Coffey
Stephen Darby
Jack Sheedy
Gerry Cooney
Bord na Mona man

RexHamilton
Junior B

Post by RexHamilton »

Sam Allardyce said he's still interested.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm still in, provided nobody on the county board has the cheek to ask me to interview. Or talk to them.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Heard Trapatoni was seen leaving The Tap in the early hours last night after they agreed to pay half his wages and to only serve the Offaly players red wine!
He was quoted as saying he believed we had a strong pub culture but were more refined than the Irish soccer players and could be tempted to drink more redthan black!!

Heard Peter Foley is on his ticket to keep an eye on the drinkers in West Offaly!

Brian Cowen could be approached, huge clamour for places on the panel, if only for the team bonding sessions in Galway!!

durra1
All Star
Club: Durrow/Ballinamere

Post by durra1 »

KillSirte, West Offaly

20th October 2011

Mummar Gadaffi has pulled out of the race at lunchtime today having refused an invitation from the Offaly County Board to attend a second interview for the post.

Reports from the Faithful County suggest the County Board were interested in the initial plan submitted by Gadaffi at the first round interview however it is understood the County Board wished to arrange a second interview to with Gadaffi to examine proposals that his son, Saif Al-Islam would be included in the starting 15 in at least two 2012 O’Byrne Cup fixtures.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

durra1 wrote:KillSirte, West Offaly

20th October 2011

Mummar Gadaffi has pulled out of the race at lunchtime today having refused an invitation from the Offaly County Board to attend a second interview for the post.

Reports from the Faithful County suggest the County Board were interested in the initial plan submitted by Gadaffi at the first round interview however it is understood the County Board wished to arrange a second interview to with Gadaffi to examine proposals that his son, Saif Al-Islam would be included in the starting 15 in at least two 2012 O’Byrne Cup fixtures.
Another one slips away!

Apparently in the first interview, Gadaffi had impressed the committee with the imaginative ways he planned to deal with any indiscipline in the squad.
His expenses might have been a stumbling block.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

One candidate who won't be withdrawing

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

With apologies ot the Irish Independent . . .

OFFALY football manager candidate Dana Rosemary Scallon is adamant that the tyre that blew out on her campaign car was deliberately damaged as part of a bid to hurt her.
She referred again to the email she received saying ‘The bitch is getting what she deserves’ after the near accident she suffered on the way back to Dublin.
She said that she had endured devastating moments in her campaign, but she was not giving up.
Last week Dana referred to a ‘vile and malicious’ campaign against her family. It later emerged that one family member had made allegations of sexual abuse against another family member in a civil court case in the USA.
Her husband Damien Scallon has claimed that a tyre was deliberately damaged in an attempt to "injure or murder us".
The allegation is being fully investigated by gardai.
But a number of tyre experts, who studied a photograph of the damage inflicted, said they believed it had been caused by driving following a puncture.
Dana was asleep in the back seat of the Peugeot 508 as she returned from her second interview with the Offaly County Board, when it suffered a tyre blowout on the M4 motorway, near Kilcock, Co Kildare, on Tuesday night.
Her lawyers later filed an official complaint with gardai of criminal damage to the tyre.
Dana's campaign team said yesterday that the rear tyre appeared to have been punctured up to 15 times.
"It was very, very scary to look at," Dana said. "As far as I am concerned, it was a very lucky escape. I never start a journey without saying a little prayer and I think we are all very lucky."
Mr Scallon added: "When you see the tyre it kind of sends home to us what they were trying to do. Injure us or murder us? Along with doing that, they could have killed someone else."
He said that when the tyre blew, he first swerved to avoid a lorry in front and a car behind before struggling to regain control and stop safely on the hard shoulder.
"It was quite a terrifying, horrifying moment," he said.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

David Norris withdraws from Offaly manager race

At a news conference outside his home in Dublin this afternoon, Mr Norris formally withdrew from the running.

It emerged on Saturday, that Mr Norris wrote a letter on Seanad notepaper to an Offaly County Board Disciplinary Committee in 1997 pleading clemency for his former partner, who had been found guilty of fielding an overrage player in the Offaly minor championship.

He said he did not regret supporting and seeking clemency for a friend, but said he did regret giving the impression that he did not have sufficient compassion for the opposition.

The Senator said he now accepts he was wrong, but said his motivation to write the letter was out of love and concern.
Speaking about the campaign to become manager, Mr Norris said it had been 'a most wonderful experience' despite the trauma and energy expended.

'I have been involved in many campaigns and have written many hundreds of letters on behalf of people in every continent - persecuted Tibetan monks, East Timorese, death row prisoners in the United States of America.

'So it is very sad that in trying to help a person I loved dearly, I made a human error.'

While welcoming the fact that it was now possible for a gay person to be seen as a viable managerial candidate, Mr Norris did criticise the current nomination procedures.

'This process has thrown up issues that make it clear that the whole question of the way in which candidates are nominated must be examined urgently by the Offaly County Board, a commitment given by all the parties in 1998 but never acted upon.'

He said he believed he had fought his campaign with the dignity and decorum that would be rightly expected of any candidate.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Thought he'd manage Laois, the county of his ancestors?
I wonder if Offaly County Board would consider calling in the IMF?, think they would pull OCB into line!

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Big Ron Manager has had enough of waiting around and headed back to benidorm
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

I'm going to have to rule myself out of the running too I'm afraid.
I wouldn't really be a tracksuit-wearer myself, its not my style.

I would be willing to reconsider if perhaps O'Neills were willing to bring back the Shell suit.
Ya gotta love that Nylon!

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Update!!
Withdrawals so far:

Tom Coffey
Stephen Darby
Jack Sheedy
Gerry Cooney
Bord na Mona man
Plain of the Herbs
High School Musical
Munmar Gadaffi
Dana Rosemary Scallon
David Norris

Probably come down to Peter Brady, Trapatoni, Michael D or Sean Gallagher??? My money is on Michael D as he speaks so eloquently, so much so that the uneducated crew in the county board will not have a clue about what he is saying and pick him because he has the X factor...
jimbob

GOOFY
County player

Post by GOOFY »

Just in.

E.J. Smith former captain of the Titanic has just announced that he too is dropping out of the race to becoming the next Offaly manager as he feels " the ocb are not going in the right direction in his opinion"

God damn it lads who next??
First ball is when you make your mark