ST RYNAGHS

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

ST RYNAGHS

Post by puzzled »

Having watched St. Rynaghs playing in the first two rounds of the club championship beating Seir Kieran in a close game and taking Lusmagh to the cleaners it amazes me how no Rynaghs player could make the Offaly team yesterday when so many Offaly players were out injured does anyone know if any of them were asked in to the panel and if they wernt why not? Beating Seir Kieran was a great result considering that they have as many players on the panel!

Maybe the appointment of Dinny Cahill was a masterstroke!

For me with Rynaghs being able to play their strongest team for league games and practice matches gives them a big advantage for the up coming club championship games,Rynaghs could be the dark horses in this years championship!!!

Sharp Eye
All Star

Re: ST RYNAGHS

Post by Sharp Eye »

I presume you are talking about the minor footballers from St Rynaghs. Conor Clancy, Niall Wynne and Joseph O Connor should be asked into the county senior. They are certainly stars of the future.

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

Sharp Eye wrote:I presume you are talking about the minor footballers from St Rynaghs. Conor Clancy, Niall Wynne and Joseph O Connor should be asked into the county senior. They are certainly stars of the future.
Good footballers alright but perhaps a bit soon to be bringing them near senior squad yet!

Is Dinny Cahill training Rynaghs footballers? :)

Eye not too sharp perhaps!

corner back
All Star

Post by corner back »

There'd be a few of them on the panel if they made themselves available... or maybe if their daddy had got the management job

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

Possibly havent made the most out of the talented young lads that they have had, and possibly the young lads didnt make the most of their talent too. Think that certain groups of players who won all up along at underage werent able to step it upto senior level. Maybe because things balanced out between them and other teams. Maybe they werent prepared to work as hard as other teams, as is required all up along. A lot of their juvenile titles were forecast from early on, and maybe they assumed they would continue winning. They newest bunch seem to be a bit different, maybe more focused. Still, a great club set up up there with players being fairly well looked after. Still think they wont win the county title though..

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

old yellar wrote:Possibly havent made the most out of the talented young lads that they have had, and possibly the young lads didnt make the most of their talent too. Think that certain groups of players who won all up along at underage werent able to step it upto senior level. Maybe because things balanced out between them and other teams. Maybe they werent prepared to work as hard as other teams, as is required all up along. A lot of their juvenile titles were forecast from early on, and maybe they assumed they would continue winning. They newest bunch seem to be a bit different, maybe more focused. Still, a great club set up up there with players being fairly well looked after. Still think they wont win the county title though..
A few very good points from 'old yellar' possibly the same thing happenned at Kilcormac/Killoughey a few years back where so many talented hurlers seemed to disappear after winning so much at underage level!
I do believe this current Rynaghs set up could be different,their management set up is top drawer and no stone will be left unturned in their efforts to win trophies for St Rynaghs!

The one position they might be in trouble is the goals they really have struggled to replace 'The Red' since he transferred across the bridge!

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

You must not have seen young Clancy in action.
Offaly minor keeper for the last two years, and underage again next year.
Has the makings of a real top quality goalie, so long term there should be no worry there for Rynaghs, it is only a matter of time before he is brought up.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

puzzled
All Star

Post by puzzled »

Yes i've seen Conor in action on a good few occasions and couldnt agree more with you he looks a top class prospect but my point was concerning the present Rynaghs team!

faithfulman
Intermediate

Post by faithfulman »

puzzled wrote:For me with Rynaghs being able to play their strongest team for league games and practice matches gives them a big advantage for the up coming club championship games,Rynaghs could be the dark horses in this years championship!!!
Same sh1t, different year!sure the rynaghs lads think they'll win the co final every year. maybe this is their year...but i can't see it happenin

Also, heard diarmuid horan is gone to u.s
He is so bad in goal he needs the net in front of him.