Rory Hanniffy out for sunday

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Rory Hanniffy out for sunday

Post by townman »

thats Hanniffy, David Franks, Paul Cleary, James Rigney, all out for sunday forget about it i would think
theres not a county in ireland would win a game with that many out, look what happen to kilkenny and they weren't
missing as many could be a long day now on sunday. :(

Kevin
All Star

Re: Rory Hanniffy out for sunday

Post by Kevin »

This is especially bad news.

Anyone know what happened to him?
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bazil Brush
Junior A

Post by Bazil Brush »

Ya hes out for definate alright. He got a bad belt on the hand against drumcullen and had to go off as a result. It turns out he broke his wrist. Terrible news hes going to be another massive loss.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

How come this is only coming out now. That game was a couple of weeks ago. Has he been training?

Feckin Drumcullen again. Would sicken your hole. Complete disaster. Hanniffy is a great hurler.

walshisland
Junior A
Club: 15

Post by walshisland »

this is not the news i want to wake up to this morning. :( :(

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm beginning to get a sick feeling about this now, even more than before.

Best of luck to Rory in his attempts to recover, but Sunday's looking more and more ominous. We could replace anyone else easier than him.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

fatlad
Intermediate

Post by fatlad »

If this injury happened against Drumcullen 06.05.11 (Fri) how did he play against Limerick in the recent challenge game???15.05.11(Sun)

Bazil Brush
Junior A

Post by Bazil Brush »

He struggled through the pain barrier for two weeks hoping it would go away. Had an x ray on it a few days ago and it confirmed the broken wrist.

fatlad
Intermediate

Post by fatlad »

Thanks Bazil , Now the big question is who will replace him???

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

Bazil Brush wrote:He struggled through the pain barrier for two weeks hoping it would go away. Had an x ray on it a few days ago and it confirmed the broken wrist.
Not to be pedantic but I heard it was actually a CT or an MRI that showed the break this week. Apparently, and I'm open to correction here, the original x-rays taken after the incident were inconclusive.

Probably doesn't help either that, despite pain, he was never given a chance to rest it.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

I am guessing here but it could be a scaphoid (ball bearing for the wrist) bone fracture which are notoriously hard to catch with the initial x-ray.

If the wrist is strapped up tightly you can get away with it for a while, but the pain will still be there. Obviously it came against Hanniffy and he had to rule himself out.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

faithfulman
Intermediate

Post by faithfulman »

Rory got an x-ray a few days after the Drumcullen match which didn't show up any breaks. He hurled away since then but felt it wasn't getting better so went for another x-ray earlier this week which showed his wrist is fractured. so what true red is saying sounds about right.
True Red wrote:I am guessing here but it could be a scaphoid (ball bearing for the wrist) bone fracture which are notoriously hard to catch with the initial x-ray.

If the wrist is strapped up tightly you can get away with it for a while, but the pain will still be there
He is so bad in goal he needs the net in front of him.