Division 1 League Results.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
ballinamereman1
County player

Re: Division 1 League Results.

Post by ballinamereman1 »

ah to say this is "the mighty rocks" third manager this year.. shows where the club is going..
and as i ballinamere man i have no sympathy for them..
there a disgrace of a club and tryed to poach brian geraghty there last year brian geraghty is prob the best midfielder in the county and country at u21 level a great fielder of a ball and a leader on and off the field.... it wouldnt be the first time this has happened however with examples being pj ward, eoin comerford and padraig hannon..

rhode hurler
Junior C
Club: Rhode

Post by rhode hurler »

i think shamrocks poachin of players outside the club is a disgrace.. my passion is the beautiful art of hurlin and shamrocks have been blighted by foreign imports in recent years! rhode just arnt that type of club

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

ballinamereman1 wrote:ah to say this is "the mighty rocks" third manager this year.. shows where the club is going..
and as i ballinamere man i have no sympathy for them..
there a disgrace of a club and tryed to poach brian geraghty there last year brian geraghty is prob the best midfielder in the county and country at u21 level a great fielder of a ball and a leader on and off the field.... it wouldnt be the first time this has happened however with examples being pj ward, eoin comerford and padraig hannon..
I think we know what this dick is up to again. Stir, stir, stir. I have alot of friends in Ballinamere/Durrow and its the one or two muppets like this braindead idiot that gives them the bad name. I wont throw dirt at your club because I respect alot of people in it but you'd be better off trying to push your club onto finally winning a intermediate hurling title instead of making up lies to stir the pot here. Even better go back to sitting on your fat hole in Digans talking a good game and dreaming up more lies. Geraghty, oh for the love of god, I think if they wanted to poach players theyd be looking elsewhere.

Yes Shamrocks are in big trouble. No question about that, alot of players have retired, emigrated and some are working at the far ends of the country so they are now relying on the younger players but unfortunately they seem to be lacking the interest and commitment it takes. No club could survive losing the likes of county standard players like the Mooneys, two coughlans absent, Derek Molloy only playing hurling to list a few.

As for "rhode hurler" or maybe Ballinamere man under another alias well your obviously having a laugh. Theres plenty of dirt that could be thrown here, but i Think thats the aim of Ballinamere man to bring Rhode into the equation.

rhode hurler
Junior C

Post by rhode hurler »

u no decent ppl in ballinmere.wud like to meet em

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Rhode hurler you should be studying for the Junior Certificate exams and not posting up rubbish on this site about things you know absolutely nothing about!

rhode hurler
Junior C

Post by rhode hurler »

didnt no dis was 4 da intelectual elite.. readin some of da shit posted i dont tink ur worthy to comment on it either

old_faithful
Junior C
Club: D Island

Post by old_faithful »

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the league to date, or can anything at all be learned from the league.
Between Shamrocks fielding a weak side, not knowing when county players are available, injuries etc can anything be learned from the league. Or is it around this time of year that lads will start attending training and putting a bit more effort in at matches in a hope to get a starting place come championship.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

In general I would not read too much into the league. For most of the games the clubs will be missing players.

Regarding Shamrocks, I dont think their team will differ too much from whats going to line out in the championship. Nigel Dunne is the only county panelist and he has played most of the league games with the club. The team wont be any stronger unfortunately.

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Rhode 1-19 - 0-6 Gracefield.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Things not going well in Gracefield this year at all. I know Rhode have the ability to open up on any team and go to town, but you'd still have to worry for them.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Anyone have any idea whats going on with the Birr footballers? They gave another walkover today and have given walkovers earlier in the league as well. The games they have played they have taken some serious hammerings managing to score 0-2 against Ballyfore and an equally disgraceful 0-1 against Ferbane. Obviously Ryan and Lonergan will make a huge difference come championship but it looks they have lost interest down there?

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

bracknaghboy wrote:Anyone have any idea whats going on with the Birr footballers? They gave another walkover today and have given walkovers earlier in the league as well. The games they have played they have taken some serious hammerings managing to score 0-2 against Ballyfore and an equally disgraceful 0-1 against Ferbane. Obviously Ryan and Lonergan will make a huge difference come championship but it looks they have lost interest down there?
putting it all into the hurling this year :D a no don't know whats going on at the moment pity cause theres been a lot of work put into
the football the last few year's.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

townman wrote:
bracknaghboy wrote:Anyone have any idea whats going on with the Birr footballers? They gave another walkover today and have given walkovers earlier in the league as well. The games they have played they have taken some serious hammerings managing to score 0-2 against Ballyfore and an equally disgraceful 0-1 against Ferbane. Obviously Ryan and Lonergan will make a huge difference come championship but it looks they have lost interest down there?
putting it all into the hurling this year :D a no don't know whats going on at the moment pity cause theres been a lot of work put into
the football the last few year's.
Sad to see. They have been quiet competitive at intermediate level and I thought they might push on. Hopefully interest in the big ball will improve.

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Walsh Island 0-16
Gracefield 1-8

Reports from the game say Brian Connor got the better of Niall Smith

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

offalyman08 wrote:Walsh Island 0-16
Gracefield 1-8

Reports from the game say Brian Connor got the better of Niall Smith
that maybe so but i think Smith showed who was the better last sunday as he nearly beat westmeath on his own as Connor
was wipe out of it in midfield, we would have a good midfield if the both were played together for a while Niall Smith would be a better
man to catch the ball than Connor in my opinion.