CORK V OFFALY 13/02/2011.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
old yellar
All Star

Re: CORK V OFFALY 13/02/2011.

Post by old yellar »

What was the correct team on Sunday? Dylan Hayden listed as starting and coming in as a sub.. Was Michael verney involved as I don't see him listed..

Turenne
Junior A

Post by Turenne »

GreatDayForTheParish wrote:
Turenne wrote:Not quite sure why you think it was a 'respectable' performance, the second half display was horrible, Cork only marginally better. Consider how bad we were that was a game Offaly could have pushed right to the wire if yer team actually tried for more then half of the game.

Anyway, report here from a Cork perspective but there is some words on some Offaly players.
Hard to believe issue could be taken with a word as benign as 'respectable' but there you go.
Nobody is raving about the Offaly performance, declaring ourselves as All-Ireland contenders. Chest beating is in short supply here. Look, it was an away league game in the muck of February against a decent opposition with an experimental first 15 and it was lost by 5 points. By taking umbrage with 'respectable' one can only assume you felt the Offaly performance was somehow embarassing, shameful or disgraceful. Utterly wrong, see you in the summer.
Yes I would consider the second half performance of the Offaly side, who basically gave up and didn't try in anyway whatsoever, quite 'embarassing'.

Also, you seem bizarrely defensive and sensitive, do chill out a little bit. :wink:

Turenne
Junior A

Post by Turenne »

old yellar wrote:What was the correct team on Sunday? Dylan Hayden listed as starting and coming in as a sub.. Was Michael verney involved as I don't see him listed..
Offaly: J. Dempsey; B. Mulrooney; J. Rigney (D. Hayden); S. Egan; R. Hannify; D. Kenny; D. Morkam; C. Mahon; S. Kelly (K. Connolly); B. Carroll (0-5); C. Egan (1-0); S. Wynne (0-1; K. Brady); C. Parlon (0-1); J. Bergin (0-2); S. Dooley (0-6; 0-5f).

Exactly as they lined up.

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

Thanks. Was verney injured or unavailable?

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Dont know whether Verney was injured or what, but he aint an inter county standard defender, thats for sure!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:Dont know whether Verney was injured or what, but he aint an inter county standard defender, thats for sure!
and you would know i suppose :roll:

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Very harsh on Verney. An extremely dedicated lad who would be an asset to any squad in my opinion.

That said, if you asked me where he'd make the most impact in an Offaly Jersey, I'd still say wing back for the footballers.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

i was just curious from a selection point of view. he played full game v carlow a week before, was switched with morkham and morkham replaced, yet didnt see any action at all v cork.