The Rock

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the bare biffo
All Star

The Rock

Post by the bare biffo »

Moses must have been hanging around Croke Park yesterday with his big stick taking swipes at Diarmuid O'Sullivan.

It was amazing to witness this bear of a man blubbering like a 10 year old girl who fell and hurt her knee on the hard ground. I can only guess that he was contemplating his last outing in the red jersey.

We often talk about the amount of effort, physical and monetary committment, intercounty players have to give these days but maybe we dont recognise the emotional involvement that these guys have with their county teams.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

theman
All Star

Re: The Rock

Post by theman »

the bare biffo wrote:
It was amazing to witness this bear of a man blubbering like a 10 year old girl who fell and hurt her knee on the hard ground. I can only guess that he was contemplating his last outing in the red jersey.
Thats no way to talk about 1 of the legends of the game. So what if he cried,it was probably his last game in croke park an in a cork jersey,any other player would do the same.

Even though at times i hated him,he was a legend.
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

Dynamite
Junior A

Post by Dynamite »

So what if he cried,it was probably his last game in croke park an in a cork jersey,any other player would do the same.
I think that may have been what Bare Biffo was getting at!

Fido
Intermediate

Post by Fido »

I think he was mainly crying at the fact that even though he gave his best display of the year Kilkenny still wiped the floor with Cork. Goes to show, as we already know here, that if Kilkenny were in Munster at the moment the Munster championship wouldn't be all that competetive...

Off topic question here, Bare Biffo, is your avatar a picture of a coffin or a kennel or a miniature church for midgets from Offaly or wha? It's wreckin me heed. If it's a kennel, where can I get one? Or, indeed, a coffin?

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

theman wrote:
the bare biffo wrote:
Thats no way to talk about 1 of the legends of the game. So what if he cried,it was probably his last game in croke park an in a cork jersey,any other player would do the same.

Even though at times i hated him,he was a legend.
The word legend gets thrown about too much and in this case it is definitely not deserved. At his best he was an average hurler and a big man. At his worst he was slow, ragged, but worst of all a buly boy and dirty hurler. Even the most ardent rebel fan would admit this and those in the club scene would have seen it all the more.
"Ohhh mamma!"