OFFALY V KILKENNY.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
royalblue
County player

Re: OFFALY V KILKENNY.

Post by royalblue »

reckon Sheflin will be playing

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

Most likely knowing Cody. But would still be very heartening not to see Shefflin lining up.
"Ohhh mamma!"

mad biffo
Junior B

Post by mad biffo »

Just got me GAA Text - Shefflin, Tennyson and ryall are out.

Silken Thomas
All Star

Post by Silken Thomas »

According to the Kilkennycats.com website Henry Shefflin played a part in the Ballyhale Shamrocks vs. Young Irelands league match 9 days ago.

He has subsequently played a half of hurling in another match for his club and was deemed, naturally, 'rusty' by one observer.

Really hard to see him start but ya never know he could be sprung in second half :shock:
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Biff
Junior C

Post by Biff »

In the presence of Offaly's Future, confidence cannot exist!!!

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

where the sharks floating sunday?

Efan
Senior

Post by Efan »

Breeder, Franks, Kenny, Vernie, Horan, Oakley, Rory H, Rigney, Mahon, Benny, Cleary, Molloy, Caroll, Healion, Hayden
Efan :)

baz
Junior A

Post by baz »

watched seniors play u21 in birr last week and seriously concered about both teams ,i was quiet optomistic about u21 before hand .no one seems to understand what dooley is at .if the team was breeder ,franks , cleary ,vernie ,kenny ,rory h, brady ,rigney ,mahon ,hayden,oakley ,molloy ,carroll ,healion ,bergin i would have been happy at giving kilkenny a right good rattle .clearys confidence is shattered playing in forwards (not a forward ) ,kenny too easily blocked down at full back (best half back last year ) ,bergin always plays better when a target man beside him ,if you remember 2 years ago when he was getting the goals in league games they came from molloy setting him up .if he goes out with the team i think hes going to pick we are in for a very bad day .this team needs confidence not a clown who doesnt know wat hes at or just chancing his arm .ps joe brady was the best forward on view at centre forward in second half in that game ,need i say anymore .

the rat
All Star

Post by the rat »

Good luck to all the players and management on sunday.

I hope ther will be a big crowd following the faithful in Portlaoise.

Come on Offaly!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Kilkenny team just announced

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Ryan; Kavanagh, JJ Delaney, Tyrrell; Walsh, Hogan, Dalton; Fitzpatrick, Fennelly; Comerford, Rice, Larkin; Hogan, Shefflin, Brennan.

Hickey doesn't make it so JJ goes to full back with John Dalton coming in. No obvious weaklinks, as you'd expect.

At this stage I'd play Oakley at wing back marking Comerford with Rory in the centre and Horan on Eoin Larkin. Hard to know which of our corner backs to place on Richie Hogan or Eddie Brennan. That decision, too, will be crucial. Kenny did OK on Shefflin last year when they lined out at centre back and centre forward respectively. Shefflin will probably cover ground leaving the gap in front of goal for hogan and Brennan to score the goals.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

Lads I hate to say it but I cant see us gettin anywhere near them tomorrow. We just arent up to the standard anymore an it kills me that it must be ten years since we last beat them. from 1-15 , player for player they come out on top.
I would give anything to be wrong but I just cant see where we can make any inroads.

Whats the story for tomorrow anyway, where will the shark be, The allez crew I reckon will be once again manning the battlements behind the goals townside!! Dear god if you were ever gonna smile on us let it be tomorrow.

Allez les Faithful!

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

GWAN OFFALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

has been asked twice already, where the shark s will be? how can we drum up support if its a secret, maybe pat roe has taken over this site. cum on the faithful drive in 2 them, in there faces.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Sorry, busy week!!

Middle of the terrace, should be landing in around 3.20. Bring ye're lungs.... :D
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

mad biffo
Junior B

Post by mad biffo »

Had to watch the game on tv because of work but my god Offaly really stuck into them in the first half. The second half was awful. Where were all the scoring forwards? The back line played out of their skins but we just couldn't get it going up front. The only positive from the game was the defence they played really well. Back to the drawing board and hopefully keep the heads up for the qualifiers!