Div 4 Final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Div 4 Final

Post by DD »

From Hoganstand..

The Division 4 final will be played in O’Moore Park, Portlaoise on Sunday April 27th with Tipperary playing Offaly.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Div 4 Final

Post by Lone Shark »

2pm throw in.

I'm surprised that we weren't shoehorned in with one of the other finals, but i suppose if they wanted the Dubs as a stand alone match they had to pair the others up. You couldn't be having the NFL Division 1 final with 3000 people at it, which would have been very possible with the pairing that's in it.

Fixture clashes all over the shop this week. Personally I'd be strongly tempted to skip the football final and go to what looks like a great double header in Rath. Call it lack of faith or whatever but I expect this to be a glorified challenge match.

I wonder will any dual players be expected to play both? I'm thinking of Birr vs Tullamore on Saturday night in particular.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Good call LS. Rath should be good Coolderry and K/K has the makings of an excellent game. As an aside what was the set up like in Kinnitty for the under 21 final? Were you impressed with the stand, pitch, etc? Any complaints? I couldnt go because I had serious issues with a cow calving-disaster!!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

kinnittyman wrote:Good call LS. Rath should be good Coolderry and K/K has the makings of an excellent game. As an aside what was the set up like in Kinnitty for the under 21 final? Were you impressed with the stand, pitch, etc? Any complaints? I couldnt go because I had serious issues with a cow calving-disaster!!
Both matches would have the potential to be humdingers in my mind. Bergin was fairly flying in the forwards last Sunday, I'd love to see him have another decent day and start getting his confidence back. With Odhran Kealey and Molloy scoring equally freely at the other end of course.... :D

It'll be down to the head honchos in here where I'm sent at the end of the day. Makes a change from being stuck watching whatever garbage is on tv due to in running betting.

No complaints with Kinnitty whatsoever. A big stand was just the ticket for the day that was in it, while the pitch seemed immaculate when I was on it and that was after the game. They had all the cars parked on the other pitch just to get them in off the road which meant long enough delays getting out, but you can't have everything. I have to say that I like Kinnitty as a venue myself, and it was perfect for this match.

Twas a bit mad as well - on the Saturday evening I was looking at the AI of 1984 on All Ireland Gold, watching Ger Coughlan hurl away in an All Ireland final. The next morning there he is directing me and a thousand others where to park in Kinnitty GAA grounds. Respect.

Calf is okay I hope?
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Lone Shark wrote:
kinnittyman wrote:Good call LS. Rath should be good Coolderry and K/K has the makings of an excellent game. As an aside what was the set up like in Kinnitty for the under 21 final? Were you impressed with the stand, pitch, etc? Any complaints? I couldnt go because I had serious issues with a cow calving-disaster!!
Both matches would have the potential to be humdingers in my mind. Bergin was fairly flying in the forwards last Sunday, I'd love to see him have another decent day and start getting his confidence back. With Odhran Kealey and Molloy scoring equally freely at the other end of course.... :D

It'll be down to the head honchos in here where I'm sent at the end of the day. Makes a change from being stuck watching whatever garbage is on tv due to in running betting.

No complaints with Kinnitty whatsoever. A big stand was just the ticket for the day that was in it, while the pitch seemed immaculate when I was on it and that was after the game. They had all the cars parked on the other pitch just to get them in off the road which meant long enough delays getting out, but you can't have everything. I have to say that I like Kinnitty as a venue myself, and it was perfect for this match.

Twas a bit mad as well - on the Saturday evening I was looking at the AI of 1984 on All Ireland Gold, watching Ger Coughlan hurl away in an All Ireland final. The next morning there he is directing me and a thousand others where to park in Kinnitty GAA grounds. Respect.

Calf is okay I hope?
Calf is, cow isnt! Il get back to you in a while. Lecture until half 5 now. balls.

daingeanman
Junior C

Post by daingeanman »

how is it goin kinnittyman . did esb man or the other fella not help u with d calf . sounds to me like u should take up this farming full time and forget about hurling altogether.