u-21 Team Named

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

Well done. Thats a great result but will mean nothing unless they go on and beat Dublin.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

DD wrote:What date is the final fixed for?
This is the verdict in Dublin...
I have had a number of calls enquiring about the venue for the Leinster
U21 Hurling Final - the game is scheduled for PARNELL PARK on Wednesday
18th July between Dublin and Offaly.

Kind regards,
John Costello

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

Well done the lads. That's the sort of result that can do so much good for the game in this county.
With the seniors playing D2 next season, this should be a springboard for getting overall confidence moving upwards again.

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
DD wrote:What date is the final fixed for?
This is the verdict in Dublin...
I have had a number of calls enquiring about the venue for the Leinster
U21 Hurling Final - the game is scheduled for PARNELL PARK on Wednesday
18th July between Dublin and Offaly.

Kind regards,
John Costello
Jasus, what is the story with all the away fixtures? It would be great to get a final in Tullamore, it would draw the biggest crowd to Tullamore in years. Ah well, the important thing is to go and win it now that we're there..

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

It was a great feeling coming out of Nowlan Park last night. I doubt if Offaly would have had as good a support in Tullamore. I thought Sean Ryan was excellent and Paul Cleary put his nightmare aginst the seniors behind him. Parlon missed alot of chances but his final pass to Horan - i think- was class, that whole movement was sublime. Molloy caught some great balls in the air, a bit more fine tuning and less of the Pascal antics and he could be very good. A great performance by all, a repeat by the footballers would make it some week.

Loughers
All Star

Last night

Post by Loughers »

Welcome scalder. A sound Wexford man. I'm on a high today, probably due to the pints and small ones I gulped down in about an hour when I got back to Birr. I nearly didn't go last night. Thank fook I did. We hurled them all over the field. On a sour note, I have a pain in my b*llix with all these away fixtures. According to McIntyre, in the nine qualifiers he's been manager for, we've had 2 home games. Ridiculous.
Esto Fidelis

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

Well done lads,
what a crackin result, ragin I missed it but their was a coronation street double episode that clashed!!!
Hopefully we can keep it goin and bring home the title.
Parnell Park?? what a joke. Should be a neutral venue. Portlaoise would have been Ideal (for us anyway)

Allez les Faithful

Dingle
Junior A

Post by Dingle »

How come the final is on in Dublin?

Didnt we play in Parnell pk last yr in the 1/2 final against Dublin?

Loughers
All Star

Final

Post by Loughers »

This is a joke. Dublin will play both their matches at home and we will play both of ours away. I'd love to know how/who decides this.
Esto Fidelis

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

I suppose it's just a case of the GAA bending over backways to "promote" hurling in Dublin.

I think their view would be that if hurling died out in Offaly well it would be a pity but if they could get Dublin to the top table, everything else comes is subservient to that.

Imagine the money and media feast that would take place at the table of a Dublin hurling all ireland.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Great Result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scalder
Junior C

Post by scalder »

Tough break on having to head to Parnell Park but lads I was there last night and its no Lions den, if you can beat the cats at home you can beat Dublin in theirs!

I'm not commiting to a win for either side but I feel Offaly need it more - as Dublin are like a train at this stage and will keep coming over the next 5 years or so.

It will be on TV I hope and I hope you get a good travelling crowd because the Dubs will be their in force but lads you;ve nothing to fear. Dublin are a big team but if you want it more your lads can take them!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

The Faithful Express about to hit Dublin!

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

The draw was done the same as for the U21 football. If you recall we had to play Laois in Portlaoise. We just seem to be a bit unlucky in the draws!
And as Scalder says if we can beat the cats in Nowlan Park, then Parnell Park should hold no fear. The final could be an all ticket affair - for the stand anyways.

Dingle
Junior A

Post by Dingle »

But in makes no sense to play Dublin in Dublin twice in 2 yrs. Are the management or County board querying this at all?
Playing in front of a packed Parnell Pk is worth a few scores for Dublin.
If Offaly/Dublin have a home/away arrangement it has to be in Offaly.

Reading between the lines, it appears that there was some under the counter agreement that Dublin would play their next U21 final at home due to playing KK in Nowlan Pk last yr. All FINE, until we throw a spanner in the works by beating KK.