Congratulations to St Mary's Edenderry

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
True Red
All Star

Congratulations to St Mary's Edenderry

Post by True Red »

Well done and congrats on a superb performance to St Mary's Edenderry in delivering a first Hogan Cup to the Faithful County.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Congratulations to St Mary's Edenderry

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Congratulations is right. The St. Mary's #14 was awesome and I was very happy to see he's not from Edenderry!
The night is darkest before the dawn

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

TheManFromFerbane wrote:Congratulations is right. The St. Mary's #14 was awesome and I was very happy to see he's not from Edenderry!
i wouldn't be happy that he is not an offalyman :?

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Yep that Flynn chap is from Johnstownbridge. A serious operator, he effectively controlled that game on Saturday from the middle of the field. Serious engine,strength,great pair of hands and can take a score. Just the wrong side of the border from an Offaly point of view!
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

First chance I have had to post this week, so I just wanted to congratulate SME too. Wonderful performance and fully deserving victory.

I didn't get to the matches, so I just watched them back on TG4 player last night. The captain's speech was 'colourful' let's say. I don't think he meant anything bad or offensive and was more using the F-word as a speech-crutch. TG4 gave him a couple of chances but they had to pull the camera's off the speech after his 3rd strike, which was a pity for him, as it would have been a nice one to show the grandkids. Not to worry, he got to lift the cup and that's the main thing.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Seems like the only Offaly man that can be let loose with a microphone is Simon Casey! Cowen and now this young lad, but fair play to them a great win.

durra1
All Star
Club: Durrow/Ballinamere

Post by durra1 »

Throw in some fairly prominent 'pocket billiards' from Johnny Flaherty in 1981 and Finbarr Cullen in 1997 - safe to say we haven’t quite distinguished ourselves on the steps of Ardan O’Hógain!