Hurling Championships 2011

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Long John
All Star

Hurling Championships 2011

Post by Long John »

We were discussing the other day who was promoted and relegated in this years hurling championships.

Can anybody confirm if the following is correct;

Senior Relegated: Lusmagh
Intermediate winner promoted: Brosna Gaels
Intermediate relegated: Killavilla
Junior A winner promoted: St Rynaghs (already team in intermediate so they stay at this grade)
Junior A Relegated: Raheen
Junior B winner promoted: Coolderry
Junior B Relegated: Ballinamere/Durrow
Junior C winner promoted: Killeigh

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Hurling Championships 2011

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

LJ,

I don't know who was relegated from Junior B, but the rest are correct and right.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

if rynaghs won the junior A and dont go up to inter how are killavilla relegated? does it mean an extra team in the junior A next year?

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

kingscounty wrote:if rynaghs won the junior A and dont go up to inter how are killavilla relegated? does it mean an extra team in the junior A next year?
I would imagine that it is treated the same as the senior football where Shamrocks are relegated even though nobody will be joining the senior ranks in 2012. But maybe someone closer to the workings of the county board might have a more concrete answer.
Plain of the Herbs wrote:LJ,

I don't know who was relegated from Junior B, but the rest are correct and right.
I assume its Ballinamere/Durrow because I think they lost all games and gave a walkover to Coolderry. Again maybe somebody else can confirm that they are the team to go down with Killeigh promoted to this grade.

happy harry
Intermediate

Post by happy harry »

a boy the long john
great gael
great man
great analyist
just great

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Harry you are some stirrer. I see what your at with that other stupid ridiculous thread you started. I hope to hell everybody else on here is intelligent enough to see through it too.

happy harry
Intermediate

Post by happy harry »

long john what thread would that be?im a genuine fan as much as you or anyone else and im insulted u think i wud try and stir...im giving my honest opinion of offaly gaa and more.is it because im not singing off ur hym sheet? how have i stirred?????

i was genuinly saying i valued ur opinions when declaring u ''great''

u are a good poster thats all, but now im starting to think otherwise.
anyhow i wont let your rudness interupt my morning more than it already has

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I'd say the make-up of Junior B and Junior C won't be finalised until it is confirmed just what teams are taking part. That will depend more on socio-economic factors than anything else. Many clubs will struggle to field second or third teams next year.
Long John wrote:I assume its Ballinamere/Durrow because I think they lost all games and gave a walkover to Coolderry. Again maybe somebody else can confirm that they are the team to go down with Killeigh promoted to this grade.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.