Club Players Of The Year

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
seamroga
Senior

Club Players Of The Year

Post by seamroga »

Wondering could I kick start a debate about players of the year in Offaly for 2005. What does everyone think? I know it's a bit early yet for a few hurling grades, but with the senior, intermediate and junior football titles in the bag, it's time to draw up shortlists.
Regarding senior football, taking club and inter-county into consideration, I think Alan McNamee will have to be the man, with his brother Niall and Barry Mooney also in the running.
Obviously someone from St Rynagh's will take the intermediate honour, but I didn't see enough matches to make a fair assessment.
At junior level, if an award is going to a Birr player I think it should be someone who's really dedicated to football, like Sean Ryan, rather than someone who just togged out for the games and is 99% interested in hurling.

Hocker
All Star

Players of the year 2005

Post by Hocker »

Senior : Niall McNamee
Intermediate : Ger Rafferty
Junior A : Anthony Kelly
Junior B : Michael T. Hogh

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trib
Junior B

Post by Trib »

I think the senior should go to Alan McNamee. He quietly enough did a great job all summer and when it came to the final he really stood out. Had Clara been better this year John Reynolds would also be in the running but when the rest of your team is lacking its hard to shine to your true potenial.
In the intermediate section Ger Rafferty has to up with the top guns. Either way it should almost definately come from Rynagh's.
Likewise I haven't seen enough of the junior championships to give a considered opinion but I guess it will go a Birr player with a few Shannonbridgers in the running also.