Donal Rabbitte - a simple tribute

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
juteman
County player

Donal Rabbitte - a simple tribute

Post by juteman »

Some people may be aware of Donal and that he died suddenly while on a break in America.

Donal was a true gael and a man I was proud to know.He hurled minor for Offaly in 1985 and always reckoned they set the trail for the successful minor teams that followed!!!!!!
He loved hurling and the irish language.While a huge fan of Offaly hurling he was a big supporter and influence on hurling in Clara.Donal was part of our recent success and was planning how to hold this and improve on it.

There are not many I agree with in Clara gaa but Donal Rabbitte was definitely one.
I hurled on teams with him,went to college with him,enjoyed a drink and loved talking hurling with him.Sympathies to all his family.I hope he is up above now and I know he will still be trying to improve the fate of Clara hurling.RIP
JUTEMAN

As Such Ger
County player

Post by As Such Ger »

Very nice words Juteman. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Very well said Juteman!

Tom
County player

Post by Tom »

Being a Clara man, i agree wholeheartedly with Juteman. Donal was a true Gent, first and foremost, but he was a true Gael in Clara. He lived and breathed GAA and hurling in particular. To the younger generation of hurlers, coming up through the ranks he will be remebered as a motivator, A motivator who lived to see the sport of Hurling grow in clara. He will be sorely missed in the town and in the club. A great man, taken from us too soon. RIP DOC.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Very well put lads. I wouldn't have known Donal that well, but would have admired the great work that dedicated people like him did to promote the game of hurling in Clara. It's no coincidence the progress that has been made under his watch in the last few years.

He'll be sadly missed by the club, his family and friends.