SHC Final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
backofthenet
All Star

Re: SHC Final

Post by backofthenet »

Umm POTH, I dont agree with your analysis but then being a coolderry man it would be hard to!!!

On Keane now playing, It will provide a boost to Tullamore now doubt about it, but it also provides certaintity for Coolderry, they know Tullamores full 15 and can counteract their game accordingly. Tullamore on the other hand cant be 100% what way Coolderry will line out, Against Shinrone, Kevin Teehan and Brian Carroll started in midfield with Damien Murray and Martin Corcoran on the wings, Against Kinnity, it was changed again with Corcoran partnering teehan, Carroll going to the wing and Murray switching to the corner with Kevin Connoly going to the wing. The big thing Coolderry have over Tullamore is options, Murray, Carroll, Corcoran, B Teehan and K Teehan can all play in midfield without difficulty and any combination would be a good match for messers Kelly & Keane.

Shane Dooleys is the big threat without a doubt, if he starts scoring at will then we are in trouble. He moved to wing forward against Coolderry earlier in the championship and did cause problems, however the Coolderry team has changed quite a bit since then and are working really well as a unit, for Dooley to work he needs space, Coolderry would be advised to drop a midfielder back between their full and half back lines should they be 3pts + coming into the last ten minutes.

Tullamore's backs are solid, but both Birr and Kilcormac were gifted goal chances and didnt take them, if they had the games would have been a whole lot different, I expect Coolderry to get at least 2-3 goal chances on sunday, if they take them they have a great chance. Tullamore on the other hand will not score a goal against this Coolderry backline unless Dooley is played inside...their problem all year has been to try and get the ball into him has not happened and hence he moves further out the field taking away the goal threat. I also cant see Tullamore out pointing Coolderry, they are reliant on Dooley and Kerrigan for the most part and whilst I would expect them to get 10pts + between them,All Coolderry's six forwards are a scoring threat.
My prediction for a score would be 2-15 to 14 in Coolderrys favour the goals providing the difference

My Left Foot
Senior

Post by My Left Foot »

good preview POTH

Good to have James Keane back (from my Tullamore point of view) . I still think not having Kevin Martin could cost us though. He is just a colossal target at the edge of the square

I think Tullamore will either lose it the first 20 with a sluggish start or win it in the last 20 having kept it tight. We must compete physically and not give any goals away early in the game. The half forwards must challenge everything coming out from the Coolderry defence.

I've really enjoyed this last 2 years with the hurlers - after so many hard beatings over the years since returning to senior we are now competing at the top level again. Congrats to all involved on that alone.

Don't forget you can buy all your Tullamore gear in the local GAA shop with Martin Rattigan ( no relation !!)so you can support the club financially also and by wearing your colours on Sunday.

Great if we win, and I wouldn't begrudge it to Coolderry should we lose. A good hurling club down the years.

May the best team win

tacmot
Senior

Post by tacmot »

Jimbob17 , just a reply to say in not from Kk either and im not been bitter or anti Tullamore if anything, i agree that Tullamoe deserved to win on the day and in my book it wasnt them that started all the shennanigins on the day.
Its just that i feel the whole episode was a farce. From the bad referee and linesman to the sending off fiasco , pitch incursions, lads not getting sent off that deserved to go(and i dont mean keane or dunican), time not been added on, Kk' s appeal and finally Tullamores appeal.
Alot of tings here are wrong but not 1 of them were dealt with properly by the County board. In other words ,as lads have pointed out on this forum, everyting will be forgot about in a week after sundays final and we will all live happily ever after, i.e until it happens again.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

For those looking at this game from a betting point of view, Paddy Powers are offering double result betting on the match and going 10/11 Coolderry to lead at half time and to win. Seeing as the universal consensus seems to be that Coolderry will burst out of the blocks, anyone who was thinking of backing them might do well to do it this way.

Myself I'll be looking at Cool HT/Tull FT at 6/1.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

trueblue78
Junior C

Post by trueblue78 »

that bet sounds good.
Are you still involved in the setting of prices lone shark or are those days gone

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

trueblue78 wrote:that bet sounds good.
Are you still involved in the setting of prices lone shark or are those days gone
Not at the moment - left that world to join the Offaly Indo, and unfortunately that didn't work out as planned!

Would still keep an eye from time to time though, no point letting opportunities bypass me ..... :wink:
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

Lone Shark wrote:

Myself I'll be looking at Cool HT/Tull FT at 6/1.

What odds on Coolderry to score first, lead at half time and win? and same for Tullamore

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

About as glad as they were when I felt K/K would beat them last year
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3285

and when I leaned towards Kinnitty the year before, I'd say.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1939

I doubt they'll be reinventing their game plans on the basis of what I write about them, now, will they?
townman wrote:well POTH i say they are glad in coolderry that you have went for tullamore as you went for Kinnitty to beat them in the semil :wink:
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Lads just seen where Portumna were beaten in Galway today with Ballyhale Shamrocks and portumna both out
i think its a good chance for Coolderry or Tullamore to have a good run in the club championship .
if Coolderry were to come out of Offaly i did they have the player's and forwards to go a long way
sunday could be there hardest test.

tullamore were there or there abouts in last years final and would do well again if they got a shot at the leinster
with there back's and Shane dooley on form they would take beating if they came out its wide open now.

the weasel
Intermediate

Post by the weasel »

i really cant see coolderry losing this and i expect them to win by 10 points. Im not trying to put tullamore down, they have already showed last year wasnt a once off but coolderry look very strong all over the field and i can see them taking over from birr and dominating for the next few years.

concrete
Junior A

Post by concrete »

tullamore never troubled ballyhale last year and won't live with whoever comes out of kilkenny this year if they come up against him, coolderry win offaly and lose in the leinster final

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

townman wrote:Lads just seen where Portumna were beaten in Galway today with Ballyhale Shamrocks and portumna both out
i think its a good chance for Coolderry or Tullamore to have a good run in the club championship .
if Coolderry were to come out of Offaly i did they have the player's and forwards to go a long way
sunday could be there hardest test.

tullamore were there or there abouts in last years final and would do well again if they got a shot at the leinster
with there back's and Shane dooley on form they would take beating if they came out its wide open now.

Whoever wins would find it difficult to beat a team like Carrickshock who i believe will come out of KK with power and tennyson, not to mention our own David franks. Oulart ould also havea good outfit
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

concrete
Junior A

Post by concrete »

richie power scored 0-12 in the semi final, they also have michael rice

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

For god sake lads will ye have some faith in offaly hurling everyone saying we will have no chance again
the winners from kilkenny if we meet them stick up the white flag to them before we play them.

Tullamore and Coolderry should take a leaf out of Birrs book or St. Rynaghs and go hell for leather again them
i think Tullamore or Coolderry are just as good as any of them left in Leinster. in the 80s and 90s and the last
ten year's offaly clubs were well able for what came out of kilkenny or wexford.

its about time we got back the bit of go and devilmeant into offaly hurling as for my own team Birr when we came
out of offaly we used to love hurling the kilkenny champions over the year's and st. rynaghs as well in the 80s and 90s
when they came out of the county.

we have the westmeath winners away and then a home game in tullamore against wexford winners who will come through
that side and win them two your in a leinster final, i think Coolderry will win sunday and it will take a good side to beat them
in the leinster club let's get behind our clubs not saying we haven't a chance again kilkenny club if we meet them.

Birr won a few leinsters and club all irelands over the year's but we were put to the pin of collar to win the offaly title in some year's
so the hurling is there in other clubs if they want it, i know if Birr had to come out of offaly this year we wouldn't be worried about
who came out of westmeath,wexford or kilkenny lets hope Tullamore or Coolderry won't either.

faithfullad
Senior

Post by faithfullad »

The team with the better all-round hurlers and more hunger won today.