One particular Referee in Offaly

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
hard2watch
Junior A

One particular Referee in Offaly

Post by hard2watch »

Must have been a sore subject with our last discussion..i hope the people in at the county board meetings took note..

bracknaghboy
All Star

Re: One particular Referee in Offaly

Post by bracknaghboy »

Its totally understandable that lads get furious at refs during and after games. I'm no different and I'd say there isn't a poster on this board who hasn't felt like having a go at a ref. But I find that when you get home you move on and get over it. The bottom line is that there simply isn't a huge queue of lads lining up to become referees. Ever wonder why? I've seen alot of GAA through the years and have seen referees treated worse than dogs at times. Theres nothing worse than being at games where both sets of players, both sets of managment and both sets of supporters contest every single decision thats made. It doesn't matter if a fella carries the ball 16 steps, bounces it 3 times or picks it clean up off the ground there will be gobshites roaring at the ref. Its the confrontational nature of players and supporters that makes it look like every decision is a wrong one. I'm not saying there isn't refereeing issues out there but I think you need to keep an open mind on the issue or else get down off the high horse and sign up to become a ref yourself.

hard2watch
Junior A

Post by hard2watch »

Ok fair enough..ill put this matter to bed and hope this doesnt need to be brought up again before the season ends..just remember lads are traing 2 or 3 nights a week since last January and referees need to be to the same level of fitness and be tuned in to the way games are been played..

hard2watch
Junior A

Post by hard2watch »

Darby is at it again lads...!!