Leinster U-21 Hurling Championship Kilkenny vs Offaly

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
tacmot
Senior

Re: Leinster U-21 Hurling Championship Kilkenny vs Offaly

Post by tacmot »

Ah BNM you are been a small bit harsh on me now, you see im very busy in work and i put up that post in very quick time, trying to get finished in time to get down to match tonight. Promise i will do better the next time!!!!!!!!!!! C ya in langtons for sum bevvies.

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

Tis a fair point bout Coolderry, they have always done well in recent times at underage and you would expect them to have a couple of players pushing for the u21 team.
And lads the grammer & text speak annoys me too, but ye are going to have to let it go, no right to judge lads here.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

2-16 to 0-8.... not looking good, only few min gone in second half :(

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Yikes!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

2-25 0-8... and its not even over!!!! :evil:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Offaly down to 14 men, haven't scored in the second half!
Woeful stuff. :o

Bord na Mona man
All Star

2-31 to 0-8.
Another red letter day.
The penny will eventually drop I'm sure...

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

jesus thats an awful result, didn't see that coming... are Offaly that bad or are Kilkenny just that good!?... no score in the second half what the hell were the at... suppose 14men didn't help but that was far from the reason the lost... very bad day for Offaly hurling

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Jaysus lads I wasn't expecting that! Surely Offaly aren't that bad!

Bord na Mona man
All Star

I would have hoped that Offaly could have given Kilkenny a rattle, like they did last year.
However at minor level in recent times, many of these players have lost twice to Carlow and once to Westmeath.
In that regard, we can't be totally surprised at what happened either.

What sort of reaction will this prompt though?
This is yet another sign of how truly woeful things have gone in Offaly GAA.
The denial can't go on for forever...or can it?

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Even with the losses to Westmeath and Carlow at minor level surely nobody on here was expecting a 29 point hammering..I know I wasn't anyway!
Have to agree with ya BNM Man about how woeful things have gone in the county!

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

So its not just the footballers that are terrible! think its time for emergency meeting with supporters and county board!! Maybe a workshop type thing were supporters can finally have their say in matters because Offaly cant sink much lower than this

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

lads, do u mind me asking where it has gone wrong? i know we can start slating the management and thats the easy option, but surely u have to look deeper than that. we down here had to have a big look at things with regards to development squads, county structures, schools hurling etc and slowly we re changing things. i rem this bunch of offaly lads (well, not all, just "this" age group when the at u14 level) wipping us but in the space of 4 years it was turned around. has the club scene something to answer too? do ye like us have to start getting more than the odd stray hurler from the football side of things, do ye need to look at shools/development squad standards and the level of dropout? i know some of these lads and the give hurling everything, and you cant ask more than that, is the system there to help them?

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Any word Yeller who won the other match tonight Laois and Carlow?

I suspect Offaly as a county who came from nowhere (i.e. no real obvious hurling background) 30 years ago has failed to tap into the reason why the breakthrough was made in the first place and build on it. Someone needs to take a look at the Kilkenny model and see what they are doing with the very young kids and how they bring them through because we are obviously not doing it right here.....thats if we are doing anything at all. As for the county board.....well surely a bunch of men who have no interest in updating the official county website and interest in promoting the games or putting any information out there to the public can't be expected to give two shites about results on the pitch. Its all fine us here complaining but has any of us got the time or the will to put ourselves forward and run for county board posts for next year? Hmmmm and this is part of the problem. Until young enthusiastic, energetic and forward looking people get involved at county board level this is how things are going to stay. How responsible were they for the mess outside O'Connor Park on Sunday or should we blame the Leinster council for that one??

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

bracknaghboy wrote:Any word Yeller who won the other match tonight Laois and Carlow?
Carlow won it 1-14 to 0-9pts
Keep The Faith