Junior A 2010 Predictions

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
DaingeanNo1
Junior C

Junior A 2010 Predictions

Post by DaingeanNo1 »

Has anybody any predictions for the Junior A championship this year

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Re: Junior A 2010 Predictions

Post by Archangel »

Let me guess,....Daingean beat Tullamore Intermediates :wink: in the first round so are looking like favourites at the moment.

(for anyone not on the planet last year, Tullamore Intermediates arsed around last year, and got relegated)

Despite that loss, the Townies will still be favoured. Daingean have been strong at this grade but have been found wanting at the latter stages, still, they would be up there on any bookies list. K/K would be worth a look at if hurling doesn't distract.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

lostinjuniora
Intermediate
Club: Ballinagar

Post by lostinjuniora »

Love to see one of the small clubs winning it that have been in junior for years someone like capincur, ballycommon, ballinagar, killeigh even daingean (who are not a small club but should be Intermediate). Just like Kilclonfert done a few years ago, cause its going to be hard when teams like Tullamore 2nds, Rhode 2nds or Clara 2nds come down from Intermediate and crush all teams around them

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I was very impressd with Daingean last year, most notably the fact that John Greene is no longer vital to their cause - they have a very good group of young forwards. I think for Offaly's sake they'd be good winners, as opposed to a second string team, or even a club like K/K who tend to pick and choose what years they'll put any effort into football.

Can't see any of the other four junior clubs named there having enough to win it to be honest.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

DaingeanNo1
Junior C

Post by DaingeanNo1 »

I think we (Daingean) got it this year , were a young side (average age of 22 last thursday against tul) with the right blend of experience, KK wil be good if they bother and tul defo cant be overlooked

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

So, we are all agreed, it's between Daingean , Tullamore or K/K.
Due to the nature of the Championship, I wouldn't put too much store on early round results. 6 Team Groups with top 4 into Q-Finals,.. no great pressure on better teams.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime