who will be offaly senior hurling winner's 2010

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Oceans 15
County player

Re: who will be offaly senior hurling winner's 2010

Post by Oceans 15 »

the weasel wrote:
Monday Manager wrote:Offaly Express Team of the Round

1: Eoin Coughlan (Seir Kieran)

2: Stephen Egan (Tullamore)
3: James Rigney (Kinnitty)
4: Mark Quinlan (Birr)

5: David King (Coolderry)
6: Joe Brady (Coolderry)
7: Conor Hernon (St Rynagh's)

8: Derek Molloy (Shamrocks)
9: Joe Bergin(Seir Kieran)

10: Shane Kinsella (Kinnitty)
11: Rory Hanniffy (Birr)
12: Stephen Brown (Birr)

13: Shane Dooley (Tullamore)
14: Dylan Hayden (Birr)
15: Trevor Fletcher (Kilcormac/K)

http://www.offalyexpress.ie/offaly/Seni ... 6259315.jp
Does anybody know anything about k/k's new recruit Trevor Fletcher?
I heard he was k/k's stand-out player against birr.

He transferred from Roscrea

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

any chance he could hurl for offaly we could do with a forward or two.

ballinamereman1
County player

Post by ballinamereman1 »

midlandsbiffo wrote:hey ballinamereman1 who do u think u are comin on here talkn crap about lusmagh needing lots and lots of training because u certainly dont hav a clue what is required to survive at senior level. we`re a small parish and a proud one at that and never had to go and join up with someone which is exactly what ballinamere and durrow did. and i certainly never thought a ballinamere man would mention dressing rooms,that state of the yokes in ballinamere,the smell in them would kill a horse and the pitch is brutal so get ur own house in order before ya can on here slating!

now young man you wrote the above and come the end of the year youl be wishing you didnt as yel be intermeidate and what good will yer pitch and dressing rooms be then.. oh and by the way i take it you havent been down here in the home of hurling AKA ballinamere for awhile because if you were you would see a little thing my friend thats called good dressing rooms..

anyway lads any predictions on this weekends games..

Shinrone v Shamrocks.. shamrocks
Birr v Kinnitty.. birr
Seir Kieran v Brosna Gaels.. seir kieran
Belmont v Kilcormac/Killoughey.. kk but only just..
Lusmagh v Tullamore.. tullamore by a good few.. about 6 to 9 point win.. could be even double figures..
Coolderry v St Rynagh’s.. coolderry to sneak it.. will be a huge tussle though..

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

ballinamereman1 wrote:
midlandsbiffo wrote:hey ballinamereman1 who do u think u are comin on here talkn crap about lusmagh needing lots and lots of training because u certainly dont hav a clue what is required to survive at senior level. we`re a small parish and a proud one at that and never had to go and join up with someone which is exactly what ballinamere and durrow did. and i certainly never thought a ballinamere man would mention dressing rooms,that state of the yokes in ballinamere,the smell in them would kill a horse and the pitch is brutal so get ur own house in order before ya can on here slating!

now young man you wrote the above and come the end of the year youl be wishing you didnt as yel be intermeidate and what good will yer pitch and dressing rooms be then.. oh and by the way i take it you havent been down here in the home of hurling AKA ballinamere for awhile because if you were you would see a little thing my friend thats called good dressing rooms..

anyway lads any predictions on this weekends games..

Shinrone v Shamrocks.. shamrocks
Birr v Kinnitty.. birr
Seir Kieran v Brosna Gaels.. seir kieran
Belmont v Kilcormac/Killoughey.. kk but only just..
Lusmagh v Tullamore.. tullamore by a good few.. about 6 to 9 point win.. could be even double figures..
Coolderry v St Rynagh’s.. coolderry to sneak it.. will be a huge tussle though..
Ballinamere the home of hurling, you should stay off the weed young man it has your brain fried.

backofthenet
All Star

Post by backofthenet »

Im going to ignore the b@tch fest going on between Lusmagh and Ballinamere :D

On the weekends games

Shinrone v Shamrocks
I think Shinrone will take this by 2-3

Birr v Kinnitty
Birr by 9-10. easy win

Seir Kieran v Brosna Gaels
Clareen by 4-5 at least

Belmont v Kilcormac/Killoughey
K/K to bounce back big time, 6-7 point win

Lusmagh v Tullamore
Tullamore will win, Shane Dooley the big difference, 4-5 points

Coolderry v St Rynagh’s
Probably the pick of the weekend, I think Coolderry will win by 5-6 though in the end.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Shinrone v Shamrocks

Shinrone to reverse last years result. Shinrone by 3

Birr v Kinnitty

Birr with a bit to spare. 8 points.

Seir Kieran v Brosna Gaels

Clareen comprehensively. 12 points.

Belmont v Kilcormac/Killoughey

KK should win well. KK by 8.

Lusmagh v Tullamore

Not sure but was this fixture a draw last year. Tullamore to win by 6.

Coolderry v St Rynagh’s

Coolderry to win just about. 3 or 4 points.

On another note, where did Ballinamere man land from. Seems like a good, genuine, knowledgable GAA man. Have to laugh at it really. They had a good win in that tricky tie against Clara in the intermediate to be fair to the gosson.

esb_lad
Junior A
Club: Rynaghs

Post by esb_lad »

Shinrone v Shamrocks : Could be a close one. Shamrocks always have the hurlers if they can get their heads right! I heard they are missing a few due to several reasons but theres quite a young team there and Offaly needs teams like shamrocks coming through. Shinrone have a fine underage setup also with several underage titles over the years, time they turned them into succesful senior teams now! These two teams may start coming to the fore in the next few years all going well for them! Shamrocks by 4

Birr v Kinnitty : Think it could be birrs year again. They have all the hurlers and seem to be back in the right place after a great win over K/K. Birr by 8

Seir Kieran v Brosna Gaels : The senior championship will be a great learning curve for BG.. Unfortunately i dont think they have the strength in depth to last senior.! Seir Keiran have a very good young side who will without doubt be challenging for top honours in the next few years! SK by 10+

Belmont v Kilcormac/Killoughey : K/K have to be fancied here, however belmont had a good win over rahan last week and (as much as i hate saying it being a banagher man!) they are not a bad side! K/K by 3

Lusmagh v Tullamore : tullamore have to be fancied here.. complete opposites here! the town on the up and aiming for glory, lusmagh aiming for survival and will probably have to fight tooth and nail with brosna gaels! (great banagher opinion there! :lol: ) Tullamore by 5

Coolderry v St Rynagh’s : cant wait for this one.. Should be a saucy one! Our boys will be well up for this one however coolderry are a good side.. id say a 2 point win for our bhoys ! :lol:

Despite the fact that intermediate games shouldnt be discussed in senior hurling championship forum, was just wondering how ballinamere are going? Do they fancy their chances? Who was the pick of them in that match against clara 'Ballinamereman' or whoever else hails from the tullamore club. A weir lad was in with the county a few years back if i remember correctly!

lovelyhurling
County player
Club: de field

Post by lovelyhurling »

12:00 Shinrone 1/10 v Shamrocks 5/1 Draw 14/1

12:00 Birr 8/15 v Kinnity 13/8 Draw 17/2

14:00 Seir Kiernan 2/7 v Brosna Gaels 11/4 Draw 9/1

15:30 Belmont 7/2 v Kilcormac/K 1/5 Draw 11/1

17:30 Lusmagh 6/1 v Tullamore 1/12 Draw 12/1

19:00 Coolderry 8/13 v St Rynaghs 6/4 Draw 8/1

Is it just me or are Shinrone ridiculously short odds for this?
pull hard on your man, he's no relation

ballinamereman1
County player

lovelyhurling wrote:12:00 Shinrone 1/10 v Shamrocks 5/1 Draw 14/1

12:00 Birr 8/15 v Kinnity 13/8 Draw 17/2

14:00 Seir Kiernan 2/7 v Brosna Gaels 11/4 Draw 9/1

15:30 Belmont 7/2 v Kilcormac/K 1/5 Draw 11/1

17:30 Lusmagh 6/1 v Tullamore 1/12 Draw 12/1

19:00 Coolderry 8/13 v St Rynaghs 6/4 Draw 8/1

Is it just me or are Shinrone ridiculously short odds for this?

where did you get them odds.. would be worth a huge punt on shamrocks

footoftheblooms
Junior B

Post by footoftheblooms »

Ballinamere man you a dope!!!! ha ye know nothing bout hurling and it the likes of ye shower that prevent hurling from improving in Offaly!!! offaly needs more clubs like lusmagh that are trying to promote hurling !!! you would be as well off in the thatch in rahan as making an eejit of yourself and your club on this site!!!!!!!!!

ballinamereman1
County player

footoftheblooms wrote:Ballinamere man you a dope!!!! ha ye know nothing bout hurling and it the likes of ye shower that prevent hurling from improving in Offaly!!! offaly needs more clubs like lusmagh that are trying to promote hurling !!! you would be as well off in the thatch in rahan as making an eejit of yourself and your club on this site!!!!!!!!!

now young gosson no need to come on here with the BS talk.. ballinamere have 3 hurlers on the minor panel for todays game.. i somehow feel lusmagh dont have that many.. maybe i could be wrong.. so theres your point of not promoting hurling gone.. get your facts right young man.. i suggest from the name your from kinnity.. now you tell me this young man.. how many lads have ye got on the panel.. i think its just one?? isit?? so going by this years minor team ballinamere my friend is promoting the game alot better than kinnity and lusmagh combined for that mattter....
footoftheblooms wrote:Ballinamere man you a dope!!!! ha ye know nothing bout hurling and it the likes of ye shower that prevent hurling from improving in Offaly!!! offaly needs more clubs like lusmagh that are trying to promote hurling !!! you would be as well off in the thatch in rahan as making an eejit of yourself and your club on this site!!!!!!!!!

""you a dope" i take it from that speechtone and the time of your posting you yourself my friend was in the "thatch in rahan.".. or maybe did percy pull you a bad pint??

footoftheblooms
Junior B

Post by footoftheblooms »

hey now you ballinamereman !!! Correct me if im wrong but lusmagh have 3 on the panel all from the one parish!!!!! Kinnitty have one and ye have three from 2 parish's joined together !!! Come back to me with an answer when ye hurling senior !!!!! I wont hold my breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

Ballinamereman1 you are doing a bad job of a WUM on this site, there's three from your club on the panel not the team. there is only one player
from my club Birr on the team today. so i take it Ballinamereman1 that they are doing more to promoting hurling than lusmagh kinnitty, and BIrr.

You are only making a sack out of yourself running down good hurling club's in offaly, you might live in ballinamereman but you haven't a clue about
hurling if you come on here trying to compare Ballinamere with Kinnitty and Lusmagh. i am lucky enough to come from a great club like Birr.
but i would never run down great club's like kinnitty and lusmagh or look down on them like you. to make it worst your own club wouldn't have
much to shout about. seen a football club gracefield give ye a lesson in last year's junior semil-final don't hear you shouting about that.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

THAT'S ENOUGH !!!!!

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Lads,

Take the petty squabbling somewhere else please. We've got some quality discussion on all GAA matters here & no-one wants to read schyte like that. Ye can converse by PM instead, or take it over to The Hogansty.

Now, back to the matches - Coolderry & 'Rynagh's?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

ballinamereman1
County player

footoftheblooms wrote:hey now you ballinamereman !!! Correct me if im wrong but lusmagh have 3 on the panel all from the one parish!!!!! Kinnitty have one and ye have three from 2 parish's joined together !!! Come back to me with an answer when ye hurling senior !!!!! I wont hold my breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah like a good young chap you go back to your laois hurling footoftheblooms... whats with the ganging up lads??? what would you know lenisterman birr arnt a great club.. the over relied on the whelans and the pilkingtons.. ye won offaly when there was no one to compete.. last year the town stood up to ye and by jaysus did ye lay down.
. ha.. anyway lads enough of the cheap shots.. this is a gaa website and not a bitch fest.. so lets leave the cheap shots for the hoganstand.. were all friends and offalymen here so no need for arguments.. this website doesnt need it..
Plain of the Herbs wrote:Lads,

Take the petty squabbling somewhere else please. We've got some quality discussion on all GAA matters here & no-one wants to read schyte like that. Ye can converse by PM instead, or take it over to The Hogansty.

Now, back to the matches - Coolderry & 'Rynagh's?
POTH i think coolderry just have that little bit to much.. the have so many scoring forwards rynaghs will find it hard to curtail them all.. i think coolderry by 2 or 3..