Fields- Good and Bad

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
theman
All Star

Re: Fields- Good and Bad

Post by theman »

black and red exile wrote:When it comes to kips Bracknagh takes the buscuit. Three times iv'e been there and three times iv'e got lost trying to find it and not only that but iv'e actually taken the wrong road trying to get out of it too. It's not just me but talking to some Gracefield people back home during the week they informed me they were late for the league final a few weeks ago because they drove around Bracknagh forever trying to find the damn pitch, one pal told me he drove down the same road four times. Unbelievable, it's like the twilight zone and when you finally find the pitch with sheer exhaustion, you risk getting car sick with the humps and hollows before you park, phew, I'm knackered even thinking about it.
Hard to believe a gracefield man doesnt know where the bracknagh pitch is. I wouldnt mind if he was from the far end of the county but when your only a few mile from it and you dont where it is...things must certainly be bad!
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

Having been to Mount Bolus & Bracknagh, I would say Bracknagh was the hardest to locate, and I would consider myself local enough to know better. Signs were buried in ditches or grown over, big trees at the road so you can't see goalposts. Of the two, Mount Bolus is the better facility by a stretch. Again I have to mention Tubber, great facility, even if the pitch seems a bit small, but fair play for the effort and upkeep.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

fatlad
Intermediate

Post by fatlad »

In Bracknagh a few weeks ago - they have refurbished their dressing rooms and they are huge and top class quality showers. I find it hard to believe that a person from Gracefield (5 miles Away) couldn't find the pitch in Bracknagh. God help them if they really have to travell.