Footballers dropped?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bomberman
Junior C

Re: Footballers dropped?

Post by Bomberman »

Please someone pm me

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Lads would ye just name them....whats the big secret. A fella would think they were about to be charged with murder.............they were just dropped from an ametuer sports team..........naming them wont get you in any trouble......

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Not in the public domain yet, and bearing in mind that the story is three footballers dropped and yet I've heard five names, this would suggest to me that the rumour mill out there is going bananas. No names please folks.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

can ya pm me to..please!!!
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

Ah Jaysus.... it's like a pack of auld women in here at times!

"ye'd never believe who got dropped from the panel for drinking and carrying on"

"Oh Mary...that's awful"

etc......... :roll:

Easy to ruin a chaps reputation if blamed in the wrong.......just be careful. Amateur sport or not!
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

Superted
Intermediate

Post by Superted »

could ya pm me aswell,
the thoughts of wexford park......

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

I don't want a PM , thank you. As I couldn't be arsed who they were at this stage. :|
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

Dynamo
Junior C

Post by Dynamo »

Ah lads, its hardly a suprise. These clowns are pure waste of space. The only reason they play with county is so they might get recognised more in the public eye. Some lads in there with awful opinions of themselves and the truth is they cant kick it out of their way. How many club games over the last few years were you at where you could easily pick out the county player. Niall Mac is about the only one and he had a good rhode team around him giving him loads of good ball. Outside that i think theres any amount of players as good if not better than whats in there. Not saying thats good or bad but their no worse than the current crop of "stars" that wear the green, white and gold.

The one good thing about the county footballers drinking spree last weekend is that they didnt have the sleaves taped up for the night out. :D

rhodeman2
Junior C

Post by rhodeman2 »

alright lads, i'll start the ball rolling. player no1 that was dropped. (by the way the were 14 lads in total drinking).

[Edit]
No names please

Superted
Intermediate

Post by Superted »

for the love of god, just name the 5!!

Aweflee
Senior

Post by Aweflee »

I don't see the harm in naming a player/players that have been dropped if someone is 100% certain about it. If this isn't going to be allowed :roll: can someone pm me?

Thanks.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

The difference is that there is so much rumour and counter rumour going around, I'd say feck all people are certain of it, and of those that think they are, a good percentage are possibly mistaken. Since (with a few exceptions) people posting on this discussion board are doing so anonymously, it then becomes the responsibility of the board itself for whatever is said. In that circumstance it's not reasonable to go posting things that cannot be confirmed.

I'm beginning to suspect that we have a lot more female posters than I thought, such is the thirst for gossip on here.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

rhodeman2
Junior C

Post by rhodeman2 »

offaly played a game last nite in doon.... niall smith wasnt there

lovelyhurling
County player
Club: de field

Post by lovelyhurling »

rhodeman2 wrote:offaly played a game last nite in doon.... niall smith wasnt there
and nor will he be there against wexford.
pull hard on your man, he's no relation

Aweflee
Senior

Post by Aweflee »

Lone Shark wrote:The difference is that there is so much rumour and counter rumour going around, I'd say feck all people are certain of it, and of those that think they are, a good percentage are possibly mistaken. Since (with a few exceptions) people posting on this discussion board are doing so anonymously, it then becomes the responsibility of the board itself for whatever is said. In that circumstance it's not reasonable to go posting things that cannot be confirmed.

I'm beginning to suspect that we have a lot more female posters than I thought, such is the thirst for gossip on here.
You said in a previous post that you've heard five different names. You weren't talking to "gossipers" were you? :D