Offaly u-21 hurling team

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kennyrodgers
Junior C

Offaly u-21 hurling team

Post by Kennyrodgers »

I heard that the offaly u-21 hurling championship is starting on saturday with 1 game down for decision and then 3 games on paddys day. That got me thinking about the offaly u-21 team,any ideas on what it will be. I saw that someone wrote we hav 11 u-21s on the senior panel,although personally i wouldnt have taught that 1 or 2 of them wouldn even have been on the u-21 panel this year, never mind the team,i wont mention names but i presume most people know who im on about!! anyway,wat will u-21 panel be?? give a full list of subs as well please.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Offaly u-21 hurling team

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I think they'll need to find a manager first !!
Kennyrodgers wrote:I heard that the offaly u-21 hurling championship is starting on saturday with 1 game down for decision and then 3 games on paddys day. That got me thinking about the offaly u-21 team,any ideas on what it will be. I saw that someone wrote we hav 11 u-21s on the senior panel,although personally i wouldnt have taught that 1 or 2 of them wouldn even have been on the u-21 panel this year, never mind the team,i wont mention names but i presume most people know who im on about!! anyway,wat will u-21 panel be?? give a full list of subs as well please.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

I wouldnt't dream of trying to name a team yet. I am a great believer in form though. its a pity that there is no management in place as they could have a provisional panel of say 30-35 and then get out and see them in competitive action withe their clubs. i know the standard is way below intercounty but any good selector could spot who is playing the hurling required
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

Slieve Bloom Man
County player

Post by Slieve Bloom Man »

I think that it is ridiculous that there are under 21 championship games on St Patrick's Day when many lads would be thinking of heading up to Croke Park for the All Ireland Club Finals. It is also crazy that games are being played and there is no management team in place. A management team should have been put in place in January.

Slieve Bloom Man
County player

Post by Slieve Bloom Man »

Sorry see the thread on under 21 management team is already under the disgrace discussion