New Jerseys Please - A call to all Fans

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
captain08
Junior C

the new jersey

Post by captain08 »

the new jersey is very nice and is prob the best looking in the country by far the green sleves and the dark carroll cusine logo along with the new gaa logo make it very fashionable the only question is how many games will we get out of it in 2009

gutless08
County player

Re: New Jerseys Please - A call to all Fans

Post by gutless08 »

black and red exile wrote:God the Red in the middle looks dreadful. Its just a personal opinion but I think we will all look like Killavilla supporters. It looks so different from the traditional strip.
i agree , the red is a shambles. :oops:

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

As someone who has a lock of Offaly jerseys, I don't think it's too bad. Better than the one with the gold stripe across the top some years ago. Why did they change the logo from the sort of traingle one with a hurler and footballer, to this new one which is basically "GAA" in a specific font. Thought the other one was very well thought out.
Esto Fidelis

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

Loughers wrote: Why did they change the logo from the sort of traingle one with a hurler and footballer, to this new one which is basically "GAA" in a specific font.
The new GAA in script is THE new logo and is taking over fron the triangular logo we were used to. Seemingly they got it hard to get the old logo to be incorporated and used effectively, so they had a new one done which will be on everything from now on.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Post by red exile »

the new jersay is very nice and i hope it is worn with a bit more pride than last year . and lets hope it is not recalled and taken off the shelves in the first week of june

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

Great so the jerseys have been changed but what about the togs/shorts? The old ones were still in view in Tullamore last Sunday. I'd have no complaints if they were decent but they're not, completly lacking either the Offaly name or crest.

To add further insult to injury all the Offaly players weren't even wearing the same togs. If Dublin could get their new kit organised by this stage then why not Offaly?

Cullen123
Junior C

Post by Cullen123 »

Agree with you 100% GreatDayForTheParish. If they are changing the jersey why not do the job properly and change the whole kit?? Its been the same for 3-4 years now..

The Dubs were very well togged out last Sunday and always are..while Offaly lads are going around with jerseys that are hanging off them and different shorts and socks each!! Its not on if you ask me..

St. Catch
Junior C

Post by St. Catch »

Loughers wrote:As someone who has a lock of Offaly jerseys, I don't think it's too bad. Better than the one with the gold stripe across the top some years ago.
Absolutely, that jersey from 2002 was hideous. Thankfully it was modified the following year.

The jury's still out on the new jersey as far as I'm concerned. I'll know better after the summer, which hopefully will last beyond June :?

Meantime, I'm sticking with "Old Faithful", my 96-OY model. It'll be a retro jersey in a few years 8)
"I can be as non-competitive as anyone. In fact, I'm the most non-competitive person there is.
So I win!" - Peter Griffin

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

New shorts are a go: http://www.oneills.com/files/shop/viewb ... image.y=76

Good to see that the whole kit has been changed, was worried for a whole that the shorts might have been 'forgotten' about. Thankfully they look good, all we need now is a few decent results to go with them. Roll on 2009.

INtheNET
Junior B

Post by INtheNET »

wats de point in having new jerseys when you cant buy them sports shops in offaly...tryed 2 get de away one 5times last year in tullamore n couldnt get it...wats tat all about...then we wonder why so many kids are wearing soccer jersey's around de country....but guess wat...i went over 2 athlone n got myself one...if de county boarg cant make sure all sports shop's ave them then why change?? :D :D

Oskar
Intermediate
Club: Clara

Post by Oskar »

Well, if you speak the way you type, they probably couldn't understand what you were on about in the shop :twisted:

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

Oskar wrote:Well, if you speak the way you type, they probably couldn't understand what you were on about in the shop :twisted:
He made a very valid point about the jerseys not being available, no need to be a twat.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

gutless08 wrote:
Oskar wrote:Well, if you speak the way you type, they probably couldn't understand what you were on about in the shop :twisted:
He made a very valid point about the jerseys not being available, no need to be a twat.
Life is too short to be translating what someone has posted.
It takes twice as long to read garbled nokia speak and usually when you have finished, you realise it wasn't worth the effort!

gutless08
County player

Post by gutless08 »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
gutless08 wrote:
Life is too short to be translating what someone has posted.
It takes twice as long to read garbled nokia speak and usually when you have finished, you realise it wasn't worth the effort!
Fair enough but if Oscar doesnt wish to post on the topic he can save his sarcasim.

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Archangel »

I'm with Oskar & Bord Na Mona Man... This is a discussion forum, NOT an instant messaging site.
TXT Spk is the lingua franca of the relentlessly stupid. :shock:
Blasphemy is a victimless crime