Pascal's Goal V Portlaoise

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Oceans 15
County player

Pascal's Goal V Portlaoise

Post by Oceans 15 »

bula bula
All Star

Re: Pascal's Goal V Portlaoise

Post by bula bula »

Nice one Ocean, good to see it again. Was truly a class finish and one that will stick in the memory.
"Ohhh mamma!"

Coolestown1562
Senior

Post by Coolestown1562 »

Classic finish...Fair play to Pascal.

At the risk of being accused of begrudery :D If this attempt had of just went wide would he not have looked terrible foolish?
Contae an Riogh

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Nice. Brings me back to a thread I raised a while back about getting a load of hurling and football clips together and making a big video of great scores big hits etc... Would be good to have....Unfortunately I'm too lazy to do it :lol:
The night is darkest before the dawn

Coolestown1562
Senior

Post by Coolestown1562 »

TheManFromFerbane wrote:Nice. Brings me back to a thread I raised a while back about getting a load of hurling and football clips together and making a big video of great scores big hits etc... Would be good to have....Unfortunately I'm too lazy to do it :lol:

Big hits: Would love to see Clocker taking out Ciaran Whelan in 2001 and Glen Ryan taking out Tom Coffey in 1999

Scores: Would love to see McManus's goal against Donegal in 98 league semi final
Contae an Riogh

birr are magic
Junior B

Post by birr are magic »

great goal pascal hope ye go all the way .
big scores how about john troys goal v antrim 1999 i think pure class flick in up on the end line .
and sent his marker a dummy. and took the roof out of the net .

offalyman
Senior

Post by offalyman »

what a great goal...the best ive seen in o connor park id say,just wondering any other links of offaly clips on utube lads?

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

birr are magic wrote:great goal pascal hope ye go all the way .
big scores how about john troys goal v antrim 1999 i think pure class flick in up on the end line .
and sent his marker a dummy. and took the roof out of the net .
Probably my favourite goal ever. Brilliant.
The night is darkest before the dawn

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

Coolestown1562 wrote:At the risk of being accused of begrudery If this attempt had of just went wide would he not have looked terrible foolish?
Not at all. Sports best moments are usually the result of a player having the vision and the skill to try something different. If it comes off brilliant if it doesn`t at least you can appreciate the effort. I think eveybody who was there to witness the goal knew they had seen something special and it really raised the crowd. One big fat head Laois fan was still standing up shouting about their goal when it went in. The look on his face was priceless and made my day. Thanks Pascal.
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

faithful till I die wrote: Not at all. Sports best moments are usually the result of a player having the vision and the skill to try something different. If it comes off brilliant if it doesn`t at least you can appreciate the effort. I think eveybody who was there to witness the goal knew they had seen something special and it really raised the crowd. One big fat head Laois fan was still standing up shouting about their goal when it went in. The look on his face was priceless and made my day. Thanks Pascal.
I really wish I had seen him :( . I can just picture his face in my mind when the goal went in, definitely a priceless moment.
"Ohhh mamma!"

Phoenix
All Star

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks to Ocean for the link to the clip. I watch it a few times a day and it gets better every time.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

50 yard speculative pass, fisted, then half volleyed to the net from 21 yards.

Great team effort, spectacular finishing.

Awesome!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

A good goal yes. A "wonder goal" as described on the Rhode website I dont think so. Its what you'd expect of any half decent forward if the ball fell in front of him and the keeper is way out off his line. The problem is that lads see a goal like this and think its the best thing they've ever seen because they are used to watching rubbish boring forwards with the head down hoping they wont have to take a shot because they are not at all capable of kicking a score. The vast majority of forwards would have picked that ball up and ran in to attempt a handpassed point! So well done to Pascal but it would have been a major disappointment it he attemped anything else.

redser
County player

Post by redser »

Well done to Pascal. Ive always said it, Pascal has his critics but in my opinion he has been one of the most talented "Forwards" in the county in years. I dont think we have too may forwards who can kick scores like he does. To be fair i think any county manager that uses him as an extra midfielder or extra half back is crazy, thats not his game on a dry sod in the summer, its well and good doing it with Rhode in winter when they have a lead built up. Pascals place is in the full forward line and I really mean this, he could contribute alot to Offaly there.

I know he now says he has retired from intercounty at 29 years of age, thats a joke. He should be in his prime. Id say its a case of been fed up with the roles hes been handed. Ive seen him destroy excellent defenders when hes in full forward, Graham Canty (Cork), Joe Higgins (Laois), Paddy Christy (Dublin), Tom Sullivan (Kerry). Him and Niall Mac have a great combination and it takes pressure off Niall as Pascal will be a problem in the air too. I really dont know what some management do be at. They obviously dont know their players.

Brilliant, brilliant goal. Hope Rhode can get to the final. A tricky dogged tie awaits them next. It would be great and well deserved to see them in leinster final again and would be very sweet to beat Dub or Meath opposition. Best of luck to them.

Phoenix
All Star

Post by Phoenix »

Re: Pascal as an inter-county full forward

I'd say Anton Sullivan will be the natural partner to Niall McNamee in a two-man full forward line.

Ken Casey will be in the mix somewhere as well.

Sean Ryan should be an automatic pick as a ball-carrying half-forward.

A forward line with Niall McNamee, Anton Sullivan, Sean Ryan, Ken Casey, maybe Rory Guinan or Thomas Coughlan as well - that'd be worth seeing.

Once again - fair play to Pascal for the goal and good luck to Rhode!