super super blues

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Congrads to the Blues and well deserved in a terrific final. Cathal Daly gave a exibition at centre back and his reading of the game was a joy to behold,Gearoid o'Grady's 1.6 from play was the highlight but a few Blues supporters were telling me in Spollens pub afterwards that he will be playing for Buccaneers for the winter and won't be available for County selection for the league at least[ maybe some of the townies on this site might confirm this if its true.]
I'm looking forward to seeing how our new champions get on in the Leinster championship with a sticky first round opener in Dr Cullen Park. Finally I have a feeling Shane Cunningham could possibly be an answer to our Offaly midfield problem, he's big and strong and his fielding especially in the first half yesterday was superb, definitely worth a try in the O'Byrne cup to see how he would get on.

rocket57
County player

Post by rocket57 »

yes G O Grady will be playing for Buccaneers over the winter at least.
our loss but one can understand as he will get financial redress for it
Lets hope they get a good run in the club championship

redser
County player

Post by redser »

O'Grady would get a run out in the winter but he wouldnt be county standard. He had a good day but i cant understand why a man marker was not put on him. Thomas Coughlan i always thought was a forward and not a corner back.