Roe it is

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Treasurer
All Star

Roe it is

Post by Treasurer »

Ok, hardly a surprise at this stage - Roe's appointment confirmed at county board meeting tonight.

d-man
Junior B

Post by d-man »

oh "Roe" is me, "Roe" is me,

does that mean we'll all have to "Roe in behind the lads" ,

cant wait to hear Laois fans singing "reject, reject" next year :roll:

All slagging aside though, I do wish the guy well and hope he puts together a good back room team to keep us moving forward. Hope the team does row in behind too.

"Roe"ver and out ! Sorry :oops:

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

I fully support this appointment and wish Mr Roe and the team the best of luck

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

All I can say is to wish Pat the very best in the coming future with our footballers. He did a respectable job with Wexford, lets hope he can raise the bar with our boys.

Loughers
All Star

Pat Roe

Post by Loughers »

I'm with turk on this one and fully support the county board's decision on their appointment. With Gerry Cooney looking to take over the U-21's, this is surely a step in the right direction. Okay, he wore his heart on his sleeve over not getting Laois, but I can only seeing that be a great spur is we end up playing those bogmen again. :wink:
Esto Fidelis

The Biff
All Star

Pat Roe

Post by The Biff »

In fairness, he probably comes into the job with more intercounty management experience than most of our recent managers; in fact I cant remember which manager would have MORE experience than him.

So, he has "been there" and I'm sure he has learned from some mistakes. We'd like to think that Offaly should be offering him more actual footballing talent than he has worked with in the past (Mattie Ford excepted). Maybe he is exactly what we need right now, a tough uncompromising manager who might just be able to whip that talent into the shape of a tougher team.

Last year's Leinster campaign should go some little way towards rekindeling a morsel of respect and confidence in our Senior Panel. We managed to finish "some" of our games stronger than our opponents. It was a start. I'm reasonably confident that a man like Roe can at least improve on that. A Leinster Title is a realistic ambition now and a proper target for all concerned.

Good luck to you Pat.

Sydthebeat
All Star

Post by Sydthebeat »

Good luck to him, i agree as above that he has a wealth of experience, its just not at a high level though.....

but we'll judge him on results.....

besk of luck Pat..!!

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

Roe roe roe you boat
gently down the stream
merrilly merrilly merrilly merrilly
life is but a dream

Best wishes to the crew.

I am a sailor and your my first mate
we signed on together, we coupled our fate