Offaly Senior Footballers 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Faithfully
Junior B

Re: Offaly Senior Footballers 2024

Post by Faithfully »

Not applicable to our side of the draw but genuinely hard to believe that Wicklow have beaten Westmeath.

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

Meath result didn’t look all that comfortable either , that's some shock to westmeath

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

Was at the game in London yesterday
Pretty much a training session for Galway
Mind you I did stick a few quid on Waterford
To beat Tipperary.
Them and Carlow Have gone into free fall.
Let's hope the weather gods are on our side
For next weekend

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

No Anton - big loss to be honest.
FB_IMG_1712912693583.jpg
FB_IMG_1712912693583.jpg (140.9 KiB) Viewed 1422 times

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

JimBwobb wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:29 am No Anton - big loss to be honest.

FB_IMG_1712912693583.jpg
He's a big loss alright, a stalwart if ever there was one. Similar applies to the loss of Nigel. But apart from Cian Farrell who is out of form and may make an impact from the bench I think this is our strongest team. We've been able to blood new players in the league and given injuries and all things considered our form would suggest we can account for Laois after having a chance to freshen up after the league. Offaly have been competing against much better opposition in the last few months and Offaly will be a different kettle of fish to what Laois have been playing (they may need to adapt their game plan for us) a lot will hinge on the impact of Evan o Caroll, he won't have met a marker like Declan Hogan yet I would assume and he won't be left one on one in an empty defence as he was against Leitrim (worth bearing in mind Leitrim have beaten Laois this year, would pass no remarks in the league final Leitrim went out like school boys having a go and leaving everything wide open) we've been operating at a higher level and form lines through different teams this year and last bode well. The Offaly team that turned up for the tailteann cup last year was one of the poorest in years and a fired up Laois couldn't get the job done despite getting a big lead. Granted it's been a while since we beat them but we got that all important round 1 win last year againy Longford who were a bogey team and we beat and drew with division 2 teams in Leinster. Been a lot of negativity and pessimism around this game since the draw was made. Expect us to stamp our authority on this one and get a good win. H'on Offaly.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

joey1001 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:39 pm
JimBwobb wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:29 am
H'on Offaly.
Let’s go git ‘em!!!!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Who has the wind?

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Job done well done boys, took the foot off the gas with 15 mins to go.

faithfulfanatic
All Star
Club: Coolderry

Post by faithfulfanatic »

Great result.

Whatever about the next day, that result guarantees us another QF next year and no preliminary round.

And it’s always great to beat Laois.

Hopefully we can do the double on them next week.

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

So it’s “just the bookies odds” when they don’t suit your narrative but when they do such as having Offaly as favourites in the Joe Mcdonagh you’re all about them… Can’t have it both ways or maybe you do back both ways :lol:

If them odds are to change I’d fully expect it to be in the direction of making Laois heavier favourites.

Given just about every prediction you’ve made thus far has been woefully off target your assertion that there’s “big value on Offaly” should encourage everyone to plump heavily on Laois…

Laois look a cut above us.
Some cracking quotes on here in the lead up to the game in fairness 🤣 nothing only negativity since the draw was made.

Hope none of ye "plumped" on Laois!

My analysis of our league performance takin everything into consideration with detailed explanation of where I believed we were coming into this game has turned out to be pretty accurate I would suggest.

The most pleasing aspect of this evening is that in my eyes we were comfortable favourites going into this and I hoped we would stamp our authority on the game having operated at a higher level and our performances against division 2 teams last year.. in years past we didn't, we started to do it last year and today we went out and played to form and won the game as we should have rather than a hard fought 1 point win.

We need to pack the defence next day and do everything in our power to stifle the dubs and then take on the tailteann cup with a bit of zest.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Where is the offaly dublin game on

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

greenairfield wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:38 pm Where is the offaly dublin game on
I assume in Croker as it's a Leinster semi?

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

greenairfield wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:38 pm Where is the offaly dublin game on
Fixed for St brendan's Park I think.😎

(as long as the pitch holds up.😂)

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

There's astro in the goals, it'll be fine.
Hasselhoff wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:20 pm
Fixed for St brendan's Park I think.😎

(as long as the pitch holds up.😂)
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

FJB
Junior B
Club: Gracefield

Post by FJB »

Anonymous1 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:00 pm
FJB wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:09 am We'd be better off in Portlaoise. They have a dreadful home record but never too bad in Tullamore.
We should be a good bit better than them.
Pass me some of that good stuff you're smoking.
ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:02 am WTF??? We should be a good bit better than them?
Told ye. They are a terrible team who were damn lucky we didn't beat by more tonight.
Great feeling to beat them.