hurling all Ireland 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Re: hurling all Ireland 2023

Post by Superhans75 »

An old joke .
A young lad was with his dad in pub in Tipperary
He asked his dad who was the first man on the
Moon.
Neill Armstrong his father replies
The barman replies no he wasn't
Wasn't some bloke from tomevara looking for a sliotar
Up there in the 1920 s .
Everyone hates Tipperary but they think Everyone likes them .

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

Everyone hates Tipperary but they think everyone loves them .
.build a wall around the place lol 😆🤔👍

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Superhans75 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:36 am An old joke .
Moon.
Up there in the 1920 s .
They even have bad jokes in Tipp it seems.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:20 pm
Superhans75 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:36 am An old joke .
Moon.
Up there in the 1920 s .
They even have bad jokes in Tipp it seems.
Well just look who posted it. That explains everything.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Personally I hope Limerick win, the last thing Leinster hurling needs is Kilkenny to win this and maybe add 2 or 3 to it..and no "maybe Galway mught challenge them" either as that wont do anything for Leinster hurling..Offaly and Laois nor even allowed play in it is a laugh..people will say "oh sure Kilkenny are Leinster" but yet some if those will be cheering on Munster against Leinster in Rugby later in the year..ive seen that..Limerick proved they were a very good team by beating Cork and Kilkenny in the last 2 All Ireland's and know they will be held and remembered in high esteem if they can beat Kilkenny in two in a row..I didnt like some of the personal comments i heard former Offaly hurlers (not on public media now or anything)say about a few individuals on the Limerick team in the last two years and it was making very little if them, when I countered with something i knew about some of the Kilkenny team (in the same vain in ways) these former Offaly players frim what i could gather didnt believe me and worse didnt want to know as it upset their own agenda in their group at the time..ime sure every county team has their devils and worse in disguises..anyway Limerick for me and Ime going by 5 or more points..they want this..hope its a good game.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I do this with all All Ireland finals every year, and I am never far out with prediction and scores...interestingly Limerick have scored LESS points so far than they conceded total points only scored over 6 games is 135, with total points only conceded 138 - is that a first I wonder. Having played 6 games Limerick scored 9-135 and conceded 4-138, averaging 1-5 goals 22.5 points per game - lets round this up/down - up in Limericks case as almost all their games were close and dug out at end (as opposed to Kilkennys which were in the main comfortable enough) to 2-23 scored per game and they averaged at 0-23 conceded - that is an average winning margin of 6 points across 6 very competitive games - 2-23 V 0-23.

Kilkenny played 7 games - one game more than Limerick. Absolutely no disrespect to Westmeath in their opening game which they won by 22 points on a score of 0-29 to 0-07 - I will omit this game from my prediction - if it was closer game (as in Westmeath scored more than 0-07) yes of course it would be counted. Antrim game was competitive and Kilkenny won 5-31 to 3-20, so this game is included. Kilkenny-Wexford game while a traditionalist and loved those games, that game also skews Kilkennys real form both in scoring and conceding too.

Kilkenny scored 15-150 (taking away the 0-29 to 0-07 in a 22 point win over Westmeath) and conceded 11-137 (Westmeath result not counted here too) so that averages at 2.5 goals and 25 points (exactly) scored per game (over 6 games) and conceded 1.8 goals and 22.8 points. Rounding off/up these _ rounding down here as the Antrim game and possibly Wexford game were unusually high scoring games on both sides, gives Kilkenny average game scoring of 2-25 and conceding 1-22. This gives Kilkenny an average winning margin of 6 points over 6 games.

Going on above -Kilkenny would win by their average for of 2-25 against Limericks average for of 2-2. But as Kilkenny's win over Antrim was 17 points and while both teams scored well it does push up Kilkenny's scores for and against but was competitive so has to be included. Based on Limerick having tougher over all games and conceding less goals they might indeed win having had a tighter campaign over all. I think Limerick will get 5 or 6 more scores than Kilkenny over all tomorrow. It will be a different game being a final and Limerick seem to produce it on the big day when it matters most of the last few years.