Club football championship 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
DerekCarroll
Junior C

Re: Club football championship 2023

Post by DerekCarroll »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:04 pm People in Tullamore had already been fed up with how the team is set up and their style of play but today will be the final nail in the coffin, I'd expect Niall Stack to step down in the coming weeks.

As for the guy in the blue hoodie, a lengthy ban is incoming one would suspect.
They were surely more fed up not appearing in a final from 2013 - 2020 😂

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

DerekCarroll wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:19 pm
Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:04 pm People in Tullamore had already been fed up with how the team is set up and their style of play but today will be the final nail in the coffin, I'd expect Niall Stack to step down in the coming weeks.

As for the guy in the blue hoodie, a lengthy ban is incoming one would suspect.
They were surely more fed up not appearing in a final from 2013 - 2020 😂
Don't think they had a golden generation in 2013 though, did they? The standards in Tullamore rightly or wrongly are higher than just winning Offaly.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Few have mentioned the standard of football today by both sides...it was as poor as the county final without the weather which makes it worse...Tullamore ferociously negative..didnt even try to push on when ahead...some bg names not being progressed with that shocking style of play..it says alot about our county championships if that sort of playing system wins it out...i forgave the county final due to conditions but today was ferocious stuff and they ran out of road...not huge up on my football but there were games on today that were watchable...that wasnt..

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

It's Christy todd who should step down he didn't have enough stewards on duty to protect the poor ref lol: :lol:

TerraceTalk
Intermediate

Post by TerraceTalk »

The culprit is/was an Offaly panelist too as far I’m aware. Emotions were obviously high but he has to do better as an ambassador for our county and as someone who young footballers will look up to, especially in Tullamore.
Lengthy ban needed to ensure that shite stops. No games without referees and all that.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Crazy stuff, if he was anyway right he would have been on the field playing.

Tullamore have no one to blame only themselves and in fariness to Niall Stack, he's taken them as far as he can. He will step aside and needs to reflect how he can progress his style of play to progress which Im sure he can. otherwise he'll end up a journey man like many others on the circuit.

All Offaly teams outs after one round is a concern.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

SearingDrive wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:59 pm
Pat Mustard wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:02 pm
frankthetank wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:42 pm
If true, that is actually shocking.
Drew a game years ago but lost the replay. There hurlers got to a leinster final
I’m open to correction, but I think Tullamore’s only Leinster SF win was over the Longford champions a few years back.
Correct. I once suggested they had never won a game outside of Offaly, but was told that they beat Newtowncashel of Longford in 1977 after a replay.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Hopefully the incident with the referee is swiftly dealt with and an appropriate sanction handed out.
No need for a pile-on against the person who will today be regretting his actions.

As an aside, as much as we may howl about decisions during a game, once the final whistle goes, remonstrating with officials is a waste of energy. You can't unring a bell and the decisions that went against you, won't be undone.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

Its fair to say Tullamore kicked it away themselves and that's where the finger of blame for the result should point. If they were able to kick fairly straightforward chances over the bar then all this would have been avoided. because they should of had this game won long before the final whistle.

I'd be concerned that a very severe punishment will be dished out because this is an area the GAA really want to address. chatting a few from outside the county and they reckon it will be minimum 12 month ban. the gaa are looking to make an example.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

A 12 month ban is fully merited. Absolutely shocking behaviour.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Types of Category V Infractions (that carry a three month suspension together with a two match suspension) include:
To interfere with a Referee, Score Umpire, Line Umpire or Sideline Official – minor physical interference e.g. laying a hand on, pushing, pulling or jostling.
To use threatening language to a Referee, Score Umpire, Line Umpire or Sideline Official
To use threatening or abusive conduct towards a Referee, Score Umpire, Line Umpire or Sideline Official .

Types of Category VII Infractions (that carry a two year suspension) include:
To strike or attempt to strike, or any type of assault on, a Referee, Score Umpire, Line Umpire or Sideline Official.

Draw your own conclusion.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

So you could feasibly pull a referee to the ground and only get 3 months. Bananas stuff.

Tullamore should grow a pair and suspend the player themselves.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Going off precedent, I’d expect it to be a 96 week ban.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Summerhill got their back sides handed to them by Naas.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

private joker wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:52 pm Summerhill got their back sides handed to them by Naas.
A 10 point defeat. I think Tullamore would have lost to Naas today.