Réalt Dearg urgently needs goalie

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
themaninred+black
Junior B
Club: Réalt Dearg

Réalt Dearg urgently needs goalie

Post by themaninred+black »

Hi all,

Réalt Dearg hurling club in Terenure in Dublin is desperately stuck for a goalie if any of you are living in Dublin and have been away from the game for any length of time. We're currently playing an outfielder on goal for our second team and have no sub goalie for our 1st team. This is far from ideal and we are urgently seeking anyone who has any interest in getting back hurling to play on goal at junior level to contact us immediately as first round of league games are in a few days. email us at realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com or visit www.realtdearg.ie please if interested. Would really appreciate any help with this.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: Réalt Dearg urgently needs goalie

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Welcome to the real world, we currently have 6 forwards who have been tried (and failed) as backs! and are not pulling up any trees on the scoresheet either!
Imagine not having a sub goalie?

themaninred+black
Junior B

I know what you mean but you have to try. We could live without a sub goalie for the 1st team obviously but it's tough expecting an outfielder to play on goal with the B's. I think you'll agree that's a more high pressure positional change than a back playing as a forward! Either situation is not ideal though. The playing backs in the forwards seems to be a problem every club gets stuck in, you'd have to wonder how so many players end up as backs by the time they get to adult level! I know it's easier catch a ball and run forward instead of turning but still the ratio in every club seems to be way off even!

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Does the job come with pension benefits and VHI. What about double time on a Sunday?

themaninred+black
Junior B

Time and a half is the best we could do on Sundays, maybe stretch it to double time for bank holidays :P When was the last time a new club was set up in Offaly? From Kilkenny myself originally and can't help but think the city could do with a Junior club to help stop lads walking away when they can't make their clubs senior teams.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

themaninred+black wrote:Time and a half is the best we could do on Sundays, maybe stretch it to double time for bank holidays :P When was the last time a new club was set up in Offaly? From Kilkenny myself originally and can't help but think the city could do with a Junior club to help stop lads walking away when they can't make their clubs senior teams.
You are right there. Hurling does not tend to offer the chance to play at a casual or social level like say five a side football.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean