Best Clip To Sell The Small Ball Game

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hyper
All Star

Best Clip To Sell The Small Ball Game

Post by Hyper »

Lads, if you were to show someone a video/you tube clip of some game that epithimises the small ball game - only 2 mins to sell it! what would you recommend - preferably if Offaly was involved?

sean1976
Junior B
Club: all

Re: Best Clip To Sell The Small Ball Game

Post by sean1976 »

was it 94 leinster final? johnny dooley to john troy, dinked the sliotar over his head to billy dooley, who burried it from the 14 into top right corner

98 - the players reaction to win in thurles v clare

pat delaneys point - was it 81? he ran through middle(similar to a typical ciaran carey point when he picked loose ball up from half back line and ran forward

billy dooleys points in 94 final, alongside goals from sid and johnny dooley

perhaps even duignans strike across the clare man in 98!

flairgun
Junior A

Post by flairgun »

Bit longer than what you're looking for, but I pass this one to Americans all the time as it's aimed to describe it in terms they understand.
Plus it's good quality, unlike a lot of the hurling clips on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmzivRetelE&hd=1

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

Troys goal v Antrim?

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

A rarely seen clip of John Troy hooking & dispossessing his Cork opponent at the same time and turning & firing a point over the bar. Pure quality. I think it was in the 1999 All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Cork, although I'm open to correction on that.
Anyone remember this?

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

High School Musical wrote:A rarely seen clip of John Troy hooking & dispossessing his Cork opponent at the same time and turning & firing a point over the bar. Pure quality. I think it was in the 1999 All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Cork, although I'm open to correction on that.
Anyone remember this?
yes that was a great point he took the ball off Brian Corcorans stick that day and scored a point he was that quick even corcoran didn't know what happen.
or his point in the 1995 leinster final again kilkenny when he tip the ball along the ground from way out and struck it over the ball off the ground pure class.
or even the goal again galway in the 1994 semil final great strike again as the ball hit the ground, do you know something you could bring out a DVD on the scores Troy
has got over the year's and to think he played most of his underage in goal's he was unreal.

durra1
All Star
Club: Durrow/Ballinamere

Post by durra1 »

Troy in action for Offaly Vocational Schools was poetry in motion. The man was a stick insect back then.

Sids sccoped backwards passes off the hurl when he changed the direction of the play were a joy to watch.

Sids last two points v Waterford in the drawn U21 1991 final v the Blahhs in Nowland Park.

Billy Dooley Goal v the Yellowbellies 94 was special.

In fairness , Joe Cannings 1-12 v Cork a few years ago was truly awesome.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMhiLF5B8WM