Rhode V Kilmacud

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
toughtackler
Junior A

Rhode V Kilmacud

Post by toughtackler »

And so the mind games begin...

Taken from HS

"Kilmacud set to be depleted

18 January 2011

Kilmacud Crokes are set to be depleted for their Leinster club SFC final against Offaly champions Rhode at the end of the month.

The Dublin SFC winners have had Paul Griffin, Darren Magee and Mark Davoren all sidelined by long-term injuries and their absence from last weekend challenge match against Kildare's junior has effectively ruled them out of the provincial decider.

Along with those three, former Under 21 star Rory O'Carroll is now based in France with his studies, while Niall Corkery is working in London and with neither taking part in last weekend's game with the Lilywhites the likelihood is that they will have to settle for a place on the bench.

Veteran Johnny Magee is also set to miss out for Crokes after picking up a straight red card resulting from a second-half incident in last weekend's challenge game."

Suppose they had to put some word out that they had players injured.....I wouldn't be so sure that these lads are injured,I'd say they were resting them more so than anything.....It seems with these "bigger teams" that they always have injuries worse than anyone else....I've heard a rumour that the Rhode goalie tore ligaments against GMIT last week but there's nothing being said about that.......One position they can't afford to be weak in seeing as it cost them dearly the last time these two sides met....Should be a cracker of a game and with Rhode at 5/2 to win,might be worth a little flutter!!!!

Long John
All Star

Re: Rhode V Kilmacud

Post by Long John »

Lads dont mind anything you read coming from Kilmacud. They are so full of Shit its unreal. Johnny McGee hasnt contributed anything to them this season so I dont know why he has been mentioned. Hes like a whale at the minute, quiet overweight. The 3 others mentioned have not featured in Leinster or in Dublin championship so thats also irrelevant. Darren Mcgee the only one to play in the Dublin championship.

The bottom line is Rhode will be meeting the same team that took on Portlaoise with Adrian Morrisey back in it which means they will be even stronger. Rhode have a massive task ahead of them but hopefully the little village can do it against this huge club.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Rhode at 5/2 for the Leinster and 12/1 for the All Ireland.

not bad bets for those willing to take a punt.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

True Red wrote:Rhode at 5/2 for the Leinster and 12/1 for the All Ireland.

not bad bets for those willing to take a punt.
If anyone is planning on backing them to win the All Ireland, it's 16/1 with Boyles and Betpack. May as well take the better odds....
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

wouldnt be going to mad backing them for all ireland, totally agree with earlier post, johnny magee mark davoron paul griffen corkery and r.ocarroll were never going to be playing, well griffen mite be used, but thats it. rhode goalie did damage ankle but not sure how bad, dont hear too much about it. where are they 5-2 i only seen 2-1? cmon the village

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

It all balances out.
Rhode won't have the likes of Johnny Mooney, Eugene Mulligan and Seamus Darby available to them either on Sunday.

toughtackler
Junior A

Post by toughtackler »

Paddy Power have it at 5/2......Another good bet is usually Niall Mc to score the first goal.....no odds up on PP but I'm sure LS might be able to helo out on this one!!

brian fantana
Intermediate

Post by brian fantana »

good one bnm man, the rhode goalie is going to be ok i think, it was just tendon damage, niall mac will probably be 6-1 for first twine

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

BNM man mentioned some Rhode absentees, can I include Martin Heavey and Charlie Conroy as doubtful!!

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

is anyone really serious about betting on Rhode cos i wouldn't mind some of those odds.

brian fantana
Intermediate

Post by brian fantana »

sur they are worth a bet, they are well able to beat the crokes, but whether they do or not is another story, :wink:

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

I think i am going to chance a few pound on a draw at 7/1. There have been some amount of draws in this years club championships especially in Provincial finals. With the weather to be dry and the ground hard it should suit the likes of niall mac and anton to keep rhode moving. Lets hope rhodes backs can hold kilmacud at their end.

fatlad
Intermediate

Post by fatlad »

Tasty little bet on Paddy Power - rhode to lead at half time and game to end in a draw 20/1 :shock:

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Sadly I'd say for value, Rhode at half time and Kilmacud full time at 4/1 could be the real value. I genuinely hope it doesn't happen, but how many of us on here would be really surprised if Rhode started well but Kilmacud eventually got the better of them?

Note that Kilmacud are a second half team and they came from behind to win both their Leinster games so far. Add in the nerves that Rhode could be feeling after what happened two years ago and this would be a real worry for me.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

brian fantana
Intermediate

Post by brian fantana »

i hope im not proven wrong, but this rhode team will show no nerves on sunday no matter whats thrown at them, they have a bit of an edge about them this year. crokes to lead at half time and the village to win,!!