Another call to arms!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Another call to arms!

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Lads and lassies. Tomorrow night is another big occasion for Offaly hurling.
The tide is starting to turn in our favour with the recent renaissance of our senior team.
Our U21s have already registered a fine win over Wexford and have a great chance against Kilkenny.
A second consecutive win over the Cats at this level would be another great boost for Offaly.

Lets try and make whatever effort and sacrifices we can to get behind our players.
Lets make home advantage count. If people don't show up and support the Faithful, or they go to the match and don't make a sound, then we might as be playing it in Nowlan Park! :!:

If we can repeat the same roar from the terraces as we had in Thurles, we can give the players an extra boost.
So lets be hearing you tomorrow night. :shock:
Last edited by Bord na Mona man on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnno81
County player

Re: Another call to arms!

Post by Johnno81 »

Well said!!! If we could win this evening, it would be a brilliant boost for the county.. And all the best to the lads tonight, going to be a difficult game but I can see us winnin by a couple of points if we keep it nice and tight in the first 10-15 minutes. Lookin forward to it that much, I wore the jersey into work this morning...

Come on UIBH FHAILI...... :)

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I have a dental appointment today, so I may be reduced to shouting out of the left side of my mouth only. I've a sneaking suspicion that silence will not be an option however! :D
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

athlumneyboy
County player

Post by athlumneyboy »

going if the boss let's me off i think we will put in a super performance tonight and hopefully will win i would encourage any one that can go to go i am going to make the effort and i am up here in Dublin. C'mon Offaly and it will be great when Big Joe lifts the cup.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Lone Shark wrote:I have a dental appointment today, so I may be reduced to shouting out of the left side of my mouth only. I've a sneaking suspicion that silence will not be an option however! :D
*mumph* "Hawn Offaly" *muffle*

Bord na Mona man
All Star

athlumneyboy wrote:going if the boss let's me off i think we will put in a super performance tonight and hopefully will win i would encourage any one that can go to go i am going to make the effort and i am up here in Dublin. C'mon Offaly and it will be great when Big Joe lifts the cup.
I have the car engine running and the back of it is propped, so when I hit the lever, and it connects with the road there will be plenty of wheelspin and burned rubber!

Aiming to beat the Dublin traffic and be flying down the motorway while the rest of work are sitting in on one of those "death by powerpoint" company presentations.

Over The Black Spot
County player

Post by Over The Black Spot »

Totally agree with all that's being said lads.. let's gather up as many bodies as is humanly possible and turn Tullamore into a cauldron if we can. Was just reading on AFR how over 17,000 turned up for an under 21 final btw Tipp & Clare in 99 in Ennis.. can you just imagine!!!

Anyway, get the colours out and get the neighbours out and fill the place and we'll roar the house down.. and we'll rock the bridge house aswell after if all goes to plan and f**k working Fridays.

Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili and so on......

athlumneyboy
County player

Post by athlumneyboy »

Just being allowed to leave early Tullamore here I come over the balck spot i know what you mean about meeting just had a board meeting this morning and all i could think of was the chant of Uibh Fhaili

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
Lone Shark wrote:I have a dental appointment today, so I may be reduced to shouting out of the left side of my mouth only. I've a sneaking suspicion that silence will not be an option however! :D
*mumph* "Hawn Offaly" *muffle*
It may sound a little bit more like "Hawn Aughleh" but hopefully the lads will get the jist!

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Post by manfromdelmonte »

remember being at a Connacht U21 football final between Sligo and Roscommon in 99. About 15,000 turned up. 14,000 of them from Sligo (who lost btw)

I'll be going down to O'Connor park tonight
only the best...

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Lone Shark wrote: It may sound a little bit more like "Hawn Aughleh" but hopefully the lads will get the jist!
As the drool falls down your chin.

One Kilkenny hurling lover turns to the other.
"Good heavens Ethel, you were right. These Offaly folk are indeed a crude and savage bunch"
"Why yes Mildred, one weeps for the future of hurling if these kind of rapscallions become commonplace"
:mrgreen:

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
Lone Shark wrote: It may sound a little bit more like "Hawn Aughleh" but hopefully the lads will get the jist!
As the drool falls down your chin.

One Kilkenny hurling lover turns to the other.
"Good heavens Ethel, you were right. These Offaly folk are indeed a crude and savage bunch"
"Why yes Mildred, one weeps for the future of hurling if these kind of rapscallions become commonplace"
:mrgreen:
All I need do is turn around and smile at them......

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

just been to paddy powers offaly have gone from 2 to 1 into 15 to 8 the woman in there said that there is alot of money for offaly. i had a nice little bet that will pay for my nite out , get on lads really think we are going to do it tonite. come on the faithful .
great history hoping for a better future

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

See ye all on the terrace lads!!

UIBH FHAILI!!!

Over The Black Spot
County player

Post by Over The Black Spot »

Lads,

I think we could be in for a whopper of a crowd. The amount of people leaving work here now is savage and there's people that never go to a game saying ''see ya in Tullamore''. There's a few lads from tipp and Galway here and they're all going. this could be a night to remember.

Chat ye on the terrace lads!!!! Up the faithful, come on ya boya!!!!