Tullamore Tips

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Mourne Mogul
Junior C

Tullamore Tips

Post by Mourne Mogul »

Hi all, I have been reading the message board this last few weeks to get an idea of Offaly opinion in the run up to the qualifier tomorrow.
Very interesting reading for a Down supporter!
Can't wait for the game, a tough one to call for all the reasons that have already been covered here in some detail. Great sense of history with both sides - will always remember the classic 82 final!
Any tips on how to get to the ground coming in from Dublin? Also car parking in Tullamore?

azoffaly
All Star

Re: Tullamore Tips

Post by azoffaly »

Hi Mogul,

You've probably already left at this stage :D, but if not:

Whether you're coming from Mullingar (kells etc) or Dublin (via M50/M4 etc) you will hit Kilbeggan at some stage. From Kilbeggan, head for Tullamore, and as you come into the town, the Hospital is on the left, and the pitch is immediately after it. (You'll see the 'Uibh Fhaili' stand from the road. Parking can be a bitch there if there's a crowd, so if you are late enough, I'd just abandon vehicle when you start seeing cars. If you have more time, you can go past the pitch, over the canal bridge and take a sharp right down by the Distillery. There's parking in there that I always use.

Enjoy your trip to Tullamore, but I hope it's drowning sorrows you'll be doing!
Shane Gavin. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Mourne Mogul
Junior C

Re: Tullamore Tips

Post by Mourne Mogul »

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, leaving shortly, good advice.