The Betting Thread

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
juteman
County player

The Betting Thread

Post by juteman »

I see Wastemeath are 5/2 against the Dubs. With the Dubs missing a heap of players this must be good value (though backing Wastemeath to win will hurt).
JUTEMAN

crossbar
Junior B

Re: The Betting Thread

Post by crossbar »

Think I'd have to be fairly stuck for a few quid before selling myself to shout for them! 5/2 sounds very tempting though considering half the Dubs will be watching from the stand.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Ye don't want to be handling dirty money lads! :D

Bet on the Dubs to win to qualify for

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I hope ye are proud or yourselves lads! :twisted:

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Threw a 20 on them, nice few quid to make up after a poor Punchestown!!!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Jaysus lads souls are for sale awful cheap these days.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Rynaghs Biffo wrote:Threw a 20 on them, nice few quid to make up after a poor Punchestown!!!
Haven't we learned anything!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Sells_His_Soul
The night is darkest before the dawn

crossbar
Junior B

Post by crossbar »

I hang my head in shame! Think my winnings may go on us beating them in the championship to restore the little dignity I have left!

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Right, I understand that this is somewhat shameless plugging, but hopefully it will be of genuine interest to those who would naturally keep an eye on this thread so some good will come of it. Essentially the concept of the site below (I've linked to my own page but you'll find others) is that it's a collection of reasonably informed betting brains to give info on the various different sports out there, and for some unknown reason yours truly has been nominated to look after the GAA. It's still in it's infancy, but obviously the chances of it continuing are greatly enhanced by (i) hits, (ii) clickthroughs and signups to Ladbrokes, the chief sponsor, and (iii) links from other sites. (Now I'm really being greedy!!)Basically if you're inclined towards betting, have a read, and if you think it's any good then feel free to either act on it or else link to it from any relevant webpages that you may have of your own! Donn McClean in particular is a good read generally and with Cheltenham coming up, he'd be a good man to keep you on the right track. Anyway, here it is...

Lone Shark's Bet Diary

For the record, I've long left Ladbrokes, but you know the way contacts work!!

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Very good idea LS. A small punt adds a bit of extra spice to games epecially league. Personnally the bets of the weekend are:

Roscommon -1 to beat Offaly (this is one of the most standout bets Ive ever seen) 10/11
Louth -2 to beat Limerick (Louth out with all guns blazing trying to win every game......Limerick wont live with them) 1/1
Phil Taylor to win Players Championship Darts 8/13

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Sadly I agree wholeheartedly with the Roscommon bet, while I've no opinion on Phil Taylor whatsoever, but I'd be inclined to go against you on the Louth match. I agree that Louth have some capable players and are in good form, but I've good time for Mickey Ned and he's got Limerick going the right way. Louth could keep their form going, but the record of O'Byrne Cup winners in the first round of the league is very poor and while it would be one thing betting on them if they were even money to win the match, you're looking at even money minus two against a very solid bunch of players??? Couldn't have it. There are much better bets this weekend. I'll be updating the blog tomorrow, but unless something out of the ordinary happens, the most likely tips are Carlow to beat Clare and Wexford to beat Armagh.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

what price would ye get for a Pittsburgh/Roscommon double?

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Roscommon price is going through the floor right now. It's about 11/8 that double with Bet Direct, but a few smaller bookies might still have earlier lines available.

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

i cant beleive what im reading .so called offaly men talking bout betting against their own county just to make a few pound .the so called great loneshark called for the players to give an extra 5 percent for him and then he comes on here advising people to back against them.its a disgrace and ye should be ashamed of yerselves .
great history hoping for a better future

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

In defence of Shark he hasn't told anybody to bet against Offaly. I have. In these times of recession and financial difficulty I wouldn't blame any man picking up a few easy quid.