Bainisteoir Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Bainisteoir Hurling

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

I see this game has been released. Looks good and is getting positive reviews. Anyone here have a look yet? I have ordered my copy.
The night is darkest before the dawn

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

I'd be interested in hearing more about it!!

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Not hear, but read:

http://tailteanngames.com/

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

I see it in the shop there at lunch, was tempted to buy it but I reckon I should hear a bot of feedback first, anyone tried it out yet?

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Just got my copy there last night. Very good impressions at first play. In fairness to them they really put in a huge amount of detail into the coaching, tactics and player management aspects to compensate for the in-ability to go out and buy players.

There are a few silly things that could be cleaned up. I might make out a list as I go along but they are very small things so far.

On I'm initial impressions I'd thoroughly recommend anyone who's interested in computer games and the hurling to get this.

Hopefully they'll do a football one now and make up for that hape of sh*t game for the PS that they brought out.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

I got it aswell! i like it!

i fired it up and gave it a go.

There is savage detail on the training, jasus.

For the record i've picked offaly and i'm running the shite out of the lads, cross country and creatine i have them on. Had the first challenge match v derry and brian carroll had a scoring spree. I let the selector pick the team and it was largely the starting offaly team for this year with horan and o'connor in for oakley and mullins.

I think i will run the shite out of them for a while. It's good. Not the sort of game you finish in a few days i think. . .

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Most definitely!! You'd nearly want to play the game in real time there is so much detail!

Can't believe you put them on creatine though, are you not concerned for their long term health!!? I have them on energy bars, am running the sh*te out of them too. I've spent big money (91k) on a coach and a physio but don't have any selector now.

Managing finances is a big issue in it too. I can't wait to get back to it this evening!

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

It will bulk them up a bit!

after that i will stick them on ordinary food, that's like steak and chips i think!!

Mikey
Junior A

Post by Mikey »

Lads is this a game that can be played on an ordinary PC with a CD drive or is it for a playstation? Don't know much about this sort of thing!! :oops:

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Operating System: Windows XP
Video: 1024 * 768
RAM: 512 mb RAM
Hard Drive: 350 mb space
1 GHZ Processor

Its for the PC. You can use it with a CD Drive, i.e. no need for a DVD drive.

Mikey
Junior A

Post by Mikey »

Thanks to TheManFromFerbane for that. Is it true that you don't actually see the matches taking place after you've trained your team? Read that on hogansh1te.com.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

If you've ever played Championship Manager it's very like that. You see a top down view of the field with a little white dot to represent the sliotar. The player in possesion is highlighted.

Really its the commentary that you should be focusing on. It lets you know important information such as "Joe Bergin fumbles the ball" (for example!) or "David Franks gets mucesled off the ball" (again for example!). You are then supposed to take that as maybe Joe needs to work on his control in training and David needs to do a bit more in the Gym.

To be fair the only major draw back that I have heard so far is that there is no dynasty mode. In otherwards when you finish a season the game is over, you can't continue on developing your players.

Skippy
Intermediate

Post by Skippy »

Hey Lads, Just a quick one on this, how far has anyone got with this? I have won the leinster a few times with Offaly, but the big one eludes me every time! tis a wee bit demoralising when I cant win it on a computer game, never mind in real life! :roll: did anyone have any success with our lads winning the big one?

midfield
County player

Post by midfield »

Anybody seen or played the new GAA hurling game ? it was based like the gaelic football one which came out for the playstation a few years ago.

the rat
All Star

Re: Bainisteoir Hurling

Post by the rat »

i bought gaelic games football 2 today, looks better than the previous effort, early days yet though. Its a shame the real players arent in it. I spent the first hour inputting the offaly panel! Anyone else played this or the hurling effort?