Not Good enough???

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
arbarg
County player

Not Good enough???

Post by arbarg »

Are we simply not good enough???
I thought we looked a lot slower than the dubs and our lads seemed to just bounce off them. Maybe the dubs havin two hard championship matches and us havin the run around over Carlow was a factor but we just seemed to be lacking all over the shop.
Goin on yesterdays performance its plain to see why we are in Division 4 next year and banished to the Tommy Cooper Cup.
As well as that once again Niall Mac was our top scorer, what happens if he gets fed up and fecks off to austrtalia for a break (which he is more than entitled to) like some lads do, we would be in serious shit.
I wouldnt fault the players for tryin but is it just that we are simply not good enough anymore??

Allez les Faithful!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Jaysus, it was really bad stuff.
Unfortunately there always seems to be days when the confidence of the footballers collapses and a the game becomes a procession of Offaly errors.
Thank God Dublin didn't convert half their chances and stopped playing as a unit after the opening 20 minutes.

From about 5 minutes in, I knew we were fcuked and was hoping that Dublin would fall asleep, like they did in Parnell Park last year.
There's hardly any point in doing a forensic analysis of the game. There were no realistic turning points or particular incidents that might have changed the outcome

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

The Tommy Cooper cup is what we deserve after yesterday's rubbish.