League Finals

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Offalys Future
All Star

League Finals

Post by Offalys Future »

It will be interesting to see how Laois are going tomorrow. They lost to Wicklow earlier in the League but i'd fancy them to win tomorrow. Damien Fox has a young team this year.
Offaly should be able for them come championship
verdict - Laois

Kilkenny vs Waterford
Everyone is expecting Waterford to really put it up to Kilkenny tomorrow but i cant see it happening, Waterford were poor against Tipp, played well though in fairness against Cork.
I think Kilkenny will be far too strong too.
I think they will hammer Waterford
Verdict - Kilkenny +8

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Can't see Waterford being hammered - they tend not to receive scutchings, though having said that Kilkenny have a way of dishing them out, even to good teams.

Essentially though, I think Waterford might sneak this - they need to win, Kilkenny would just like to, and arguably Waterford are the second best panel in Ireland - if anyone can put it up to Kilkenny they can.

As for the division 2 match, I haven't seen Wicklow play this year, so it's hard to tell. Their results suggest that they've improved, but not this much - I guess we'll see later.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Waterford have two things going for them here:-
1- the match isn't in Croke Park.
2- They're probably the only team in the country who are physically stronger than Kilkenny.

Kilkenny have fifteen things going for them- each wears a black and amber jersey.

I would expect Laois to win well. 'Tis no harm for Offaly to get a good look at them in advance if Mat 27th either.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

well just home, i was way off with the waterford/kk match. Waterford really surprised me, what a game though.
Good call Lone Shark!

Laois had it easy hard to know how they are going - James young got ten points, a few nifty forwards that do a nice bit of running off the ball but i think our lads will be well able for them