Conor Evans Status

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kevin
All Star

Conor Evans Status

Post by Kevin »

Quick question:

Anyone know if he is back home or coming back?

ballymanabroad
All Star

Post by ballymanabroad »

He is in Melbourne now and will be arriving home next March.
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali

Kevin
All Star

Thanks Ballyman!

Post by Kevin »

Any speculation as to how motivated he might be to see if the tri-color still fits?

MF35
Intermediate

Post by MF35 »

With 2 seasons out of the game tis hard to see him get back to the footballing level that he was at before he left.
Afterall, he is no spring chicken.....and it did take him a good number of years to break into the starting 15.

Kevin
All Star

Depends

Post by Kevin »

If he is playing over there, staying fit, still interested...heaven knows there is more to life than football.

How old is he?

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

he will be 27 next year

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

For a full back certainly, age is overstated. A player like Conor, who maightn't be in the full flush of youth, certainly has another 3 years at the very least at his peak if he is interested and motivated enough. A player like Niall McNamee by the time he gets to 27 might be another proposition entirely as well because he'd have a huge amount of mileage put up by that time. Conor on the other hand has a lot less football played than a good few 27 year olds, and as such would have plenty left in him.

Not to put too fine a point on it, I hope he does decide to come back into the fold - I'd fully expect he'd make a solid contribution.

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

Unless I've very much mistaken, but I think Conor Evans has been involved with the Offaly Senior panels since 98 or 99...which means that he'd have a fair few miles on the clock so.

If he's not back till March, he could hardly be considered for this year!!!
The Untouchable

del
County player

Post by del »

think you are mistaken conor evans would have been minor in 98 and as far as i am aware he mite have been on the panel from maybe 2001 onwards he only got to play in 2005 and has not actually started that many matches for offaly so i cant see where this miles on the clock thing is coming from to me he is only coming into his prime and has plenty more football in him provided he has been keeping himself in good shape

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

I know i do a lot of copy and pasting but heres another one from gaa.ie

Offaly could receive a major boost when former full back Conor Evans returns from Australia in March.

The ex-UCD footballer was a notable absentee this year after taking a year's sabbatical to go travelling in Australia and New Zealand.

New Faithful County football manager Pat Roe is expected to contact Evans upon his return, and the Ballyfore clubman could be back playing in the green, white and yellow jersey in the latter stages of the National League.

His return would be a welcome boost after former All-Star defender Cathal Daly called time on his career in recent weeks.

Offaly will be competing in Division 2A of the Allianz league, while they open their 2007 Bank of Ireland Leinster SFC campaign against Carlow on June 10th in Portlaoise.

Phoenix Arms
Junior B

Post by Phoenix Arms »

Rynaghs Biffo wrote: and the Ballyfore clubman could be back playing in the green, white and yellow jersey in the latter stages of the National League.
So we're changing colours for next year then? Who writes this rubbish?