JULY 4th 2009

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
BUFFALO
County player

Re: JULY 4th 2009

Post by BUFFALO »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
Treasurer wrote:Football is at 2.30, hurling at 7. Busy day but at least it's just about do-able.
That's gonna be tight.
Hopefully the crowd in Wexford Park is small for a quick escape.
How long did it take people to get back to Offaly the night of the hurling?

Took us one hour to get out of Wexford town,which was only about 4-5miles.
Then took another 2.5 - 3 hours to get back to the Fatherland.
Twill be a tight squeeze for anyone hoping to attend both games.
Although the sheer lack of confidence in the bogballers,suggests to me that very few will bother.
The prospect of travelling way down the country to be humiliated is just too daunting to contemplate.

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

This Year's Model wrote:Is Seán Ryan still in both squads? What an insult it was to the player - and Offaly - if he is ......
No as far as I know, he committed to the footballers this year, Id say he is kicking himself now!! But even so, it just shows they dont care too much about dual players!
Keep The Faith

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

uibhfhailiabu wrote:
This Year's Model wrote:Is Seán Ryan still in both squads? What an insult it was to the player - and Offaly - if he is ......
No as far as I know, he committed to the footballers this year, Id say he is kicking himself now!! But even so, it just shows they dont care too much about dual players!
Depends on how you look at it. At the start of the year he was a fringe player on both squads, a guy who offered some real qualities but who struggled to get a good run with either team. Now our footballers mightn't have pulled up any trees, but he has established himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet and proved against Kildare that he's a vital part of our future - a guy who prepares himself the right way, who has the power and strength to compete and the pace to create openings where it looked like none existed. I'd say as long as he stays in form, the 10, 11 or 12 jersey will be his.

(His goal was also worth a good few quid to me in various bets, but that's beside the point!! :P )
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.