Players opting out

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
black and red exile
All Star

Re: Players opting out

Post by black and red exile »

Youre quite right OF, If ever we need an man of geat experience it was this year, its obvious Joe is way over his head here. Surely what we need is a motivator in the Liam Griffin mould, I was thinking of someone like former Limerick manager Tom Ryan who won a league with Limerick and very well respected in the game or even the likes of Ken Hogan who knows Offaly hurling like the back of his hand. I have studied Joe quite alot since the start of the year at the games and apart from the fact that he is very slow at spotting problems that the rest of us ordinary folk can as well as making daft switches in situations that are not needed, his body language suggests that he is out for a sunday afernoon stroll in the local park. It hurts me to say this because you would not get a nicer guy anywhere if u tried, hence the name gentleman Joe.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

fair point. What i thought myself was that could get two types of manager, the one you just mentioned or a young manager with some experience that is very keen and mad to prove a point. Both Ger Cunningham and Davy Fitzgerald fit the bill.
All is not lost though, the players are still there and if can get a win this weekend then get ready for the championship.
At end of day Joe is the manager so no point in people crticising him now, he shouldnt have been appointed he was so everyone should just get on with it, get out and support the team tomorrow, give them a lift and hopefully things will get better.
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Well candidates weren't queueing for the job.
Joe was on a hiding to nothing really and took a big risk by putting his legacy on the line.
Many other former players are happy enough to stay on the golf course at that age.

The talent available isn't great and its been a few years since I saw Offaly hurling with hunger and fury.
I think there is more than the manager to blame here.
Even if the manager isn't to your liking, when you pull on the Offaly jersey, you should give it 100%.

Hopefully come championship, we'll see a more focussed Offaly side.