inter hurling championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
timber
All Star

Re: inter hurling championship

Post by timber »

Think they play enniscorthy shamrocks in leinster. A very winnable game if they focus on it.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I can't recall when the Offaly Intermediate winners last played a Wexford team in Leinster, so there wasn't a 'form guide' as such. Still, travelling to Wexford is never easy and on that basis Ballinamere's win down in Enniscorthy is admirable. Reading yesterday's updates from Twitland the sides were level at half-time, Ballinamere's goal came around the 45 minute mark, the locals were a point adrift with four minutes to go before Ballinamere closed it out with two late points.

Possibilities open up for them now. They will be at home for the remainder of the competition (including the Final if they get that far) and Lisdowney are on the other half of the draw. Next up for Ballinamere are Sarsfields (Kildare Intermediate reps) and if they win that they would face either Greystones or Pearse Óg (Louth) at the semi-final stage.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

stand back
Junior B
Club: ballyskenagh killavilla

Post by stand back »

Well done to ballinamere. Best of luck in Leinster. Didn't post for a while, hanging my head in shame.

Bk gaels finished up the year by beating banagher in the league final, after drawing the match after extra time the first day out. The drawn game had a bit of bite to it with 4 lads getting red cards. The replay was better reffed, but still tough.

From our clubs point of view it was a good year, we learnt a lot and to win a league was great. I felt we were underdogs going into the replay, with three lads suspended, and 4 guys unavailable because of work or holidays. We played as well as we could have done on the day. We'll benefit from good senior league games next year.

We messed up a bit in the preparation for the championship, we peaked to soon in the year, and our form dropped. I think we were overdoing the trainings, getting too excited, turning up 45mins before the throw in ect. The last two matches against banagher we're very enjoyable, hopefully we'll get the balance right, and the results next year.
Tim hennessy

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

stand back wrote:Well done to ballinamere. Best of luck in Leinster. Didn't post for a while, hanging my head in shame.
No need for anyone involved with B/K to hand their head. The first year of an amalgamation was never going to be easy and a lot will have been learned this year,from the guys hurling with one another to the mentors knowing the strengths and weakness of each individual guy. The pressure will be on next year to deliver the intermediate championship because if it does not happen then discontent might set in among guys that are not getting game time.
Best of luck to ye next year 'stand back'

Also this evening Birr beat Clara in the intermedite relegation final!