Time for an Offaly GAA Merchandise Shop in O'Connor Park

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
DAF
All Star

Re: Time for an Offaly GAA Merchandise Shop in O'Connor Park

Post by DAF »

Ahlethimoutwithit wrote:Ah Jays DAF? OConnor park badly organised?

There are loads of toilet space open to cater for the crowds in general in OConnor park, and opening the other entrance would lead to more manpower to man it.
Reality is its very hard to get enough stewards to cover off the matches in there, and compared to many of the other provincial grounds, it is very well run.

Only argument I would have is that if there is any sort of a crowd there it can be hard to get the mug of tay, and the auld sambos are muck be times.

Do feel there could be some sort of stall there. Get the clubs to nominate people to take turns to run it, and sell some of the gear from each club, depending on who is playing? Let the clubs get the benefit from the club gear thats sold, and the county gear sales can go back in to the county board.
Clubs could buy the merchandise themselves if they feel it could be sold there.
However, I would question whether people going to club games would hand out 20e for a polo shirt, and 40e at least for a jersey on impulse. Lads whinge all the time about the entrance fee.!
I cant for the life of me figure out why they don't open the back gate to let people out at the end of matches.One person is all it would take to do this.Also is it too much to ask to have enough soap in all the mens toilets

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

I think we are going a bit overboard with the O'Connor Park bashing. Let's not forget the old stand, concrete seats and gravel underfoot. Soap was the least of our worries then.

Offaly has the best county ground in Leinster in my experience.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

What do lads needs soap for anyway?
A few doc leaves do the trick.

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

I wouldn't care much for public toilet facilities myself, hence the lack of need for soap.
Its a colostomy bag or nothing for me.
I never attend a match without one.....its yer only man!
That way, you'll never need worry about missing any of the action.

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

Abercrombie Fitch wrote:I think we are going a bit overboard with the O'Connor Park bashing. Let's not forget the old stand, concrete seats and gravel underfoot. Soap was the least of our worries then.

Offaly has the best county ground in Leinster in my experience.
I'm not complaining its certainly a mile better than the old days just a bit of constructive criticism is all.