Players that never filled their potential

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the rat
All Star

Re: Players that never filled their potential

Post by the rat »

mickey hoey came on for Tullamore in the intermediate the other night. Definatley should have been a mainstay for Tullamore seniors and maybe even Offaly. Was a key player when the won the county in 02.

Gustavus Adolphus
Junior B

Post by Gustavus Adolphus »

redser wrote: Hurling:
David Kearney (Ballyskenach), Jimmy Doyle and Mark Guinan (Kilcormac), Adrian Hayes (St Rynaghs), Cillian Farrell (Edenderry), Stephen Delaney (Shamrocks).

Im sure theres loads more i could name if i thought about it. All of the above were excellent players up to minor level and all would have seemed destined to be stars of future county teams.......Never happened.
Jimmy Doyle was one player who was exceptional when he was younger. I vaguely rmember him coming on in a minor final for K/K when he was still under 14 and he scored a point. A really classy hurler with great wrists when he was that age and even up to his last year minor he was a main player for K/K when they won the minor in 1998. His profile was on the wane at that stage however, its a pity he didn't deliver on his early promise.
Adrian Hayes is another who virtually disappeared after minor. He was a very capable hurler who seemed to have the right mentality to match. Rookie moran was another fella his age who was very good up to minor and U-21. St, Rynaghs could probably fill 5 or 6 pages on here about the number of players they have lost from undergae up to adult level.

Oceans 15
County player

Post by Oceans 15 »

[quote="the rat"]mickey hoey came on for Tullamore in the intermediate the other night.[quote]

More like waddled on !!