Dublin or Meath

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

I have a lot of time for Dublin and Meath of course they attract undesirable elements but so does every county whn they have a bit of success.

However the drawn match against Meath was the first time I passionately wanted to see Dublin lose, not for Offaly's benefit but just listening to an element of their "fans" continue with their stupid soccer chant right through the minutes silence for the dressing room steward who had died.
Ironically the man was attached to Sylvesters from Malahide and had served as chairman. But I dont suppose these clowns know anything about Dublin clubs anyway.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

I hope the preparations for the Meath game are going well now that the training session in Portlaoise is behind us.

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

arbarg wrote:Im sorry lads but the Allez crew are completley anti-dub after last year and the abuse we took off dubs fans on the hill.
I also remember a day against the royals LS, 2000 I think!! we were coming out of the hill and were set upon by a gang of meath fans. serious wankers, but thet are in a minority.
The dubs scum are a clear majority
In my opinion anyone that can tolerate the Dubs just hasn't had any dealings with them.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

DD wrote:
arbarg wrote:Im sorry lads but the Allez crew are completley anti-dub after last year and the abuse we took off dubs fans on the hill.
I also remember a day against the royals LS, 2000 I think!! we were coming out of the hill and were set upon by a gang of meath fans. serious wankers, but thet are in a minority.
The dubs scum are a clear majority
In my opinion anyone that can tolerate the Dubs just hasn't had any dealings with them.
Off the top of my head I can remember being at five championship games against the Dubs between both codes and another five league games in the last five or six years - a few hardy fellas in there all right, a bit prone to crowing too, but nothing out of the ordinary. I've been at several games too where we weren't in direct opposition to them, merely on the same card, or sometimes just for watching, and although I agree that they need to be calmed down a bit with regard to minutes' silence etc., I'd still have no problem with them. I've had Dub fans try to recruit me to their local club while at games more often than I've had grief actually.

Muck Savage
All Star

Post by Muck Savage »

What ever ye do don't write off Meath against Dublin. Look at it this way, if the Dubs didn't get the start they got they'd be out now. That Meath team grew as the game went on and a few of their lads will be better set for the next day out. The pressure is on the Dubs and I don't think they can handle it at all.

I believe we have a better chance against Meath than Dublin however. Not sure if it the big Dublin crowd in Croke Park or the bully element of Dublin that make us die away but a Meath game would be far better.

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

Honestly I fancy Meath to take Dublin next weekend. They are probably the only team that can hault Dublin strolling to another Leinster title....sadly Offaly won't get within 8 pts of either Meath or Dublin.

Dublin are of course always capable of blowing a team away, much like they did to Laois last year, but I can't see Meath given Dublin such a good start again & I'd be absolutely amazed if we didn't have a good scrap inside the 1st few minutes because there's alot of scores to settle after the last day!!!

Meath would beat Offaly because they will have too much size & strenght in the forwards for the Offaly backs to content with!!! Like Sheridan, Reilly & Gerathy all are great target men while Offaly seriously struggle to deal with high balls in around the box.
The Untouchable