Return of the shark.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
black and red exile
All Star

Return of the shark.

Post by black and red exile »

just a quick question to LS and Bord Na Mona Man, will we finally see the long awaited return of the shark in Portlaoise next Sunday? He was badly missed during the O Byrne and Walsh cup plus the hurling and football national league campaigns. It would be fitting that next Sunday with our two senior teams taking centre stage that he should make his first appearence of the year.

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

Here here, full, unwavering support is hugely important on Sunday. Arbarg and me good self will be flying the flag, town end methinks. So if a point of congregation is formally established now, then it is more likely to attract more fans to the one spot on Sunday. ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

The Shark flag will certainly be in attendance - Bord na Mona man will confirm if the Shark itself will be making the spin.

Perhaps picking such a poor viewpoint is not really encouraging mass congregation though? Perhaps somewhere a little more central might make it easier for tagalongs to attach themselves?

Just throwing it out there.....

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Is the shark male or female? :)

arbarg
County player

town end>

Post by arbarg »

Agreed buffalo, town end it is.
Thertes a good crew already lined up for just to the right of the goals,
Snowy, barney and d bomber to name a few. word has it Half-door will be there in d kilt but thats not confirmed yet.

allez les faithful

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

Fair enough, half-way line, underneath the commentary box, on the terrace could be far more advantageous for viewing purposes. So ‘tis agreed then, mass congregation is critical if we are to make our voices heard. Allez.

The Biff
All Star

Parthenogenesis

Post by The Biff »

Rynaghs Biffo wrote:Is the shark male or female? :)
I hope it's a Female, because it looks like the Male variety may soon be "surplus to requirements".
Do it yourself

del
County player

Post by del »

myself and the other half will join ye arbarg come on the faithful my heart is starting to rule the head i reckon we could pull of the shock of this century

black and red exile
All Star

Definetly half way line on the terrace under the commentry box. Behind the goals on either end, the view is crap, we would surely see an awful lot more from the half way line than having to buy binoculars to see what is going on at the far end of the pitch when the play is at the other end.
Im pretty confident that myself, LS, BORD NA MONA MAN, BOGMAN, POTH AND DOON MASSIVE, to name but a few will meet at the usual spot without fail.

Lone Seal
Junior C

Post by Lone Seal »

I hate to post my first reply with such an air of pessism but I believe that no matter the view in Portlaoise we may face defeat in both codes. I hope my prediction turns out to be daft, but I sense the above is a distinct possibility :?
Definitions belong to the definers, not to the defined.

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

black and red exile wrote:Definetly half way line on the terrace under the commentry box. Behind the goals on either end, the view is crap, we would surely see an awful lot more from the half way line than having to buy binoculars to see what is going on at the far end of the pitch when the play is at the other end.
Im pretty confident that myself, LS, BORD NA MONA MAN, BOGMAN, POTH AND DOON MASSIVE, to name but a few will meet at the usual spot without fail.
Include me in that list!

arbarg
County player

Post by arbarg »

fir play del.. up cloghan

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Lone Shark wrote:The Shark flag will certainly be in attendance - Bord na Mona man will confirm if the Shark itself will be making the spin.

Perhaps picking such a poor viewpoint is not really encouraging mass congregation though? Perhaps somewhere a little more central might make it easier for tagalongs to attach themselves?

Just throwing it out there.....
The shark himself is undergoing a late fitness test for leaks, but should be able to line out!
In the terrace at midfield gives the best view and is a good spot to congregate.
It's a day when both teams need a good vocal support urging them on!
Bring plenty of lads and lassies along.

black and red exile
All Star

Sorry'' RYNAGHS BIFFO''. I completely forgot about you. My apologies.

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

black and red exile wrote:Sorry'' RYNAGHS BIFFO''. I completely forgot about you. My apologies.
No hassle, see u on the terrace!!